• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't download Flash player

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing happens when click on "download" here..

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

player installer does NOT get downloaded

(and there's a JavaScript error on this page...)

Adobe is not aware of this problem???????

would appreciate some help..

thank you.,.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am on Win7 32-bit.....

thank you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issues here...

Win 7 64-bit

Firefox / IE 8

Clicking the Download Now button refreshes and nothing happens.

Clicking the checkbox to avoid spamware installation (McAfee) causes a Javascript error

$A is not a function [Break On This Error] return __method.apply(null, [this].concat($A(arguments))); prototype.js (line 246)

Also... noticed I'm getting (301 Moved Permanently) Status back from

GET /flashplayer/download/ 301

GET /flashplayer/ 301

We need this page to work for our clients to be able to use our Flex application.  Urgency is important here.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jon.sullivan.mindflash wrote:

We're having the same issues here...

Win 7 64-bit

Firefox / IE 8

Clicking the Download Now button refreshes and nothing happens.

Clicking the checkbox to avoid spamware installation (McAfee) causes a Javascript error

Adobe earns commission from McAfee if you install their app. That's the only reason it's there. It doesn't scan the file you're downloading.

Can you please do the following.

1. Disable McAfee (preferably uninstall it because it can conflct with your own security software) and any security applications you have installed. Most of these incorporate file scanners which spring into action as soon as you attempt to install an executable. This interferes with the uninstall/installation process and can corrupt the process. If using AVAST antivirus, right click the orange icon in the systray and choose to disable all shields for one hour.
  2. Download the Flash uninstaller from here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html Choose to Save it if you're using IE to download it with. Do not choose Run.
  3. Close IE and run the uninstaller.
  4. Reboot.
  5. When the system reboots to the desktop, disable your AV and security apps once more.
  6. In this link, scroll down to "Install in a firewall proxy server environment" and then download the x64 installer. If you use more than one browser, download both installers: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html#main_Download_and_install_the_latest_Flash_Player_version
  7. If using IE, choose Run to install immediately when downloading the ActiveX version, otherwise choose to Save the non-ActiveX installer for use on another browser. ActiveX is a Microsoft technology which only works with Internet Explorer. If you use another browser such as Firefox, Opera etc., then you need to use the non-ActiveX installer to install Flash on those browsers.

N.B. If after you successfully install Flash on IE and want to proceed with the installation on another browser, do not run the uninstaller again. If you do, it will uninstall it from IE as well and you'll be back where you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I cant download the flash player and I dont think its because of any of the common reasons the others here seem to have.

I had version 10 and uninstalled it in the hope to get the new version, and as I expected it cant be downloaded and now Im left without none. The download starts, then it stops afer a few minutes adn a message pops up saying ''an error occured while downloading this file'' .

I use internet explorer and I dont seem to have any problems with Java. I mean I enabled it on the settings of the internet options.  I uninstalled my antivirus a few weeks back in ordr to download something, so that can't be the problem either.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try downloading the offline installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht... and save it to disk, then close all browser windows and run the downloaded installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. two different Win 7 boxes, multiple browser versions.  I tried calling, but we all know how that went Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2011 Nov 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Vista/IE9.  Keep trying to open email attachments needing Flash only to be told I need to load it.  I uninstall it (which is the current version), and then download the lastest from the Adobe site.  Adobe window says Flash installed and playing.  I then reopen IE9 and the email.  Clicking on the the attachment again brings up the note that Flash is not installed, and that I need to install it.  Have gone through this process Multiple times, including disabling virus sw during the download and install.  This is true of multiple emails w/attachments needing Flash.

Any advice, any one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can not seem to download a Flash Player. I am using IE9 on a Vista machine. Every time I try an install it takes me to the page for the 11.0.1 which states not available for Vista. How do I get a flash player, please help with any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Derzoom,

Flash Player is available for Windows Vista 32 bit.

PFB the link which has the system requirements for the latest version of Flash Player:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html

Also, you can use http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/download/ to get directly to the download page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this reply, however my Vista machine is 64 bit,

will that still work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2011 Nov 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works on Vista 64 bit as well. The requirements mentioned in the above link are the minimum required specifications. Please try the above steps.

In case it still doesnt work, provide us with the following details:

1. Exact error message or result after you click on the download button.

2. Current version of Flash Player installed on your system. (Click on this link to find that out http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the default message I get when I attempt to view a WMV file. "You

need to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player to watch this video." I did verify

that I have version 11.1.102.55 installed on my Vista 64 machine. Please

accept my thanks for trying to help me with this issue, it is making me

crazy in that I can not view any file requiring Flash. In that I have what

I think is a better anti virus program installed on my machine this problem

did not start until after I uninstalled a Mcafee anti virus program last

week. This is probably why I am having this Flash problem. I prefer not to

reinstall Mcafee unless it is necessary to get Flash once again.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What files do you have in

• C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Regarding IE9, see also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2011 Dec 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A comment - not a response to Derzoom of Gat Willener(?).  I have Vista Premium 32, all of the right files in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash, and tried all of the Adobe help threads I can find.  Also tried online and offline standalone installs.  Tried going back to IE8 and installing Flash Player, then reinstalled IE9.  Always got the same "You need to install Adobe Flash Player."  On a tip, I finally created a new Windows user, and that did it.  I have no idea why it worked.  Now I can view all videos, including Youtube.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem, and the page you gave a link to has this message near the top:

•   Note:Flash Player does not support 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Vista. Flash Player 11 now includes support for Windows 7 64-bit

So, what do I do?

The file in my Flash folder is FlashUtil64_11_1_102_ActiveX

I can't watch any videos in Explorer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 02, 2011 Dec 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall the 64-bit Flash Player.

Reboot.

Download the 32-bit Flash Player and install.

Flash Player for Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that with  no luck. The proper Flash player showed up in my control panel/ programs. But I still get black Youtube screens with the message that I need to upgrade. I've worked on this all day with no results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your Flash Player version 
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important 
  • Please do not use existing topics to append questions that are entirely different from the original topic. When in doubt create a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternate installer download from the FAQ: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/909550

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2011 Nov 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, finally got this to work.. (why does it default to installing google toolbar???   I hate it when you download something and it surreptitiously downloads something else

THEY NEED TO TURN THIS OFF...  if I want google toolbar I know where to get it.. thank you very much...

(I stopped installation in the middle when I realized, downloaded again...   this is LOUSY USABILITY, to install sutff in people's machines they haven't asked for...   ( you don't always realize at first that option is turned on -- and that's precisely what they count on -- is google paying Adobe for this????)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though Adobe tells me I'm now running Flash and it shows up under control panel/ programs.

, I still get that black Youtube screen telling me I need to upgrade. This had gone on all day, multiple times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OPERATING SYSTEM IS, 32 BIT EDITION, ON INTERNET EXPLORER, WANT ADOBE FLASH PLAYER FOR TO SEE VIDEOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOMMICMAC wrote:

OPERATING SYSTEM IS, 32 BIT EDITION, ON INTERNET EXPLORER, WANT ADOBE FLASH PLAYER FOR TO SEE VIDEOS

32 bit edition of what exactly? Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000?

Also, which edition of Internet Explorer? Is it 6, 7, 8 or what?

Do you have Flash installed at all at the moment? If so which version? Go to: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

if you don't have it, or even if you do, what happens exactly when you attempt to install it or update it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vista, 64 bit laptop with Google Chrome, Windows Mail and Internet Explorer 8.

I had originally said Vista, but a check of my IE properties showed 8. (Yes, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing) Somewhere along the line I must have replaced Vista with IE 8.

I do not have Flash installed now since I have repeatedly installed and uninstalled it to update it. Every time I bring up a YouTube window, it is black with the message that I must upgrade to see a video. I do that, it installs it and says I'm now running Adobe Flash but still the same black screen comes up with the same "must upgrade" message.

I did this repeatedly all day yesterday because I need to access YouTube on a regular basis.

Does this help us?

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines