• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to set default pag magnification to 100%

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2009 Jun 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I open a PDF in Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard v9.1.2 it opens to 69.2% zoom magnification.

How can I set the default to open all PDF's at 100% zoom magnification?

Thanks,

Howard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Regarding the OP:
"How can I set the default to open all PDF's at 100% zoom magnification?"

With Acrobat Pro, run a Batch Process (Sequence)/Action to run the "Open Options" sequence.
This sequence permits setting the values for all items under the Initial View tab of PDFs' Document Properties.

Regarding a PDF's Document Properties > Initial View:
Visit an open PDF's Document Properties (Ctrl+D, Cmd+D). Go to the Initial View tab. The top pane (Layout and Magnification) permits configuration of:

Na

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Acrobat you can set the initial view in the properties of the documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response to my question.

1. When I go to properties, initial view tab of the document that is already opened everything is grayed out.

2. I want to change the default for all PDF's that I might open so each PDF that I open will open in 100% view magnification.

Thanks,

Howard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change your default under the preferences for the display. However, the individual PDF can override your selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Edit > Preferences > Page Display > Zoom is set to 100%. Is this what you are referring too?

Are you saying that if someone sends me a PDF that is set to something other than 100% it will display the page in whatever magnification percent the PDF was created with?

Thanks,

Howard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been wondering about that same question. It seems that, yes, the default magnification option is entirely useless, since the default is set by the document, not by your preferences. I'm puzzled why Acrobat would have an entirely non-functioning, basic, feature, but there you are.

So I think what we need is a macro that would, for every document, do the following:

1. Open up properties.

2. Change the magnification to 100%.

3. Save the changes.

4. Go back to viewing the document.

I don't know if Acrobat has add-ons,  or if macros are possible, tho.

There must be literally millions of users who want this feature. My eyes are getting old and I read mathematical documents, so starting at 69% is bad for me. I'm not sure who it's good for, actually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2009 Jul 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are a few other pages that are relevant but don't solve the problem:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/770473/is-it-possible-to-
have-a-pdf-file-open-at-a-predefined-magnification-in-adobe-rea

This stackoverflow page  has a command-line way to open files at 100% :

AcroRd32 /A "zoom=100=OpenActions" filetobeopened.pdf

Of course, doing that every time instead of just clicking on the filename in Windows would be impractical.

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/PDF
OpenParameters.pdf

This file has general info on command-line methods.

http://www.listsearch.com/Acrobat/Thread/index.lasso?7400#

This thread has the obtuse replies of someone from Adobe to a user who wondered why users aren't allowed to set default zooms. THe Adobe person say that would infringe on the freedom of the document writer to impose a default zoom. As if more than tiny number of writers cared!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Eric. This is a total waste of my time. Some times when I scan using "Create" I get 157%; then I open another document and it is 69%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click Edit -> Preferences -> Zoom

Do this without opening a specific document so it applies to the program and not just one document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2011 Dec 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the OP:
"How can I set the default to open all PDF's at 100% zoom magnification?"

With Acrobat Pro, run a Batch Process (Sequence)/Action to run the "Open Options" sequence.
This sequence permits setting the values for all items under the Initial View tab of PDFs' Document Properties.

Regarding a PDF's Document Properties > Initial View:
Visit an open PDF's Document Properties (Ctrl+D, Cmd+D). Go to the Initial View tab. The top pane (Layout and Magnification) permits configuration of:

Navigation tab: Page Only | Bookmarks Panel and Page | Pages Panel and Page | Attachments Panel and Page | Layers Panel and Page
Page Layout: Default | Single Page | Single Page Continuous | Two-Up (Facing) | Two-Up (Cover Page) | Two-Up Continuous (Cover Page)
Magnification: Default | Actual Size | Fit Page | Fit Width | Fit Height | Fit Visible | Magnification percentages (25% to 6400%)

Configuration settings other than "Default" dictate how the PDF is viewed initially.

The settings for all values in all panes in the Initial View may be established for one or many PDFs by use of a Batch Sequence/Action (Acrobat Pro required).

This functionality is utilized in an enterprise environment where large document collections are deployed in a LAN/WAN "eLibrary" to provide a consistent initial view to end-users.

It also provides a content author a mechanism for establishing the initial view for *their* deployed content (such as PDF document collections distributed on optical storage media).  

As to the typical default Initial View for a created PDF:
When a PDF is created via Acrobat the PDF document's default Initial View for Layout and Magnification is:
--| Navigation: Page Only
--| Page layout: Default
--| Magnification: Default
--| Open to page: 1

Regarding the Open Parameters document — While this document does provide a few command line options the document's primary focus is the use of a URL to open a URL's targeted PDF's initially opening.

Worth noting is that the document is specific for URLs and not applicable to UNC links (links with a LAN/WAN).

Be well....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines