Skip navigation
Flailed
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Premiere Elements 9 Won't let me sign into Youtube.

Dec 13, 2011 6:48 PM

I got Adobe Premiere Elements 9 about a year ago from my brother's college and suddenly it won't let me sign into Youtube on 1 account. When I go to share>online>Youtube it takes me to a sign in and all of my logins work except 1. The password hasn't been changed and no one has been on my account but it says incorrect username and password so it won't let me sign in. I'm pretty sure this has only been happening since APE 10 came out.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 13, 2011 9:11 PM   in reply to Flailed

First go to YouTube and make sure your logon and password are correct.

Then, in Premiere Elements, go to Edit/Preferences and refresh the Web Services.

It also might be a good idea to ensure you have the latest version of Quicktime, per the program's requirements, and go to the Help menu and select Check for Updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2011 6:26 PM   in reply to Flailed

Well, if you can't sign into YouTube on the site, then your logon and password are not correct.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 12:22 AM   in reply to Flailed

I just got this email from Google. The troubleshooting steps only apply to a mail client. I'm pretty sure the unauthorised attempt, which contained the correct user naem and password, was Premiere Elements.

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your Google Account, xxxxxx@gmail.com. We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Wednesday, 20 June 2012 22:27:06 GMT
    IP Address: 76.74.170.7 (adobe.com)

If you do not recognise this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately. Find out how at http://support.google.com/accounts?p=reset_pw

If this was you and you want to give this application access to your account, complete the troubleshooting steps listed at http://support.google.com/mail?p=client_login

Sincerely,
    The Google Accounts Team

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2012 12:24 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

I just got this email from Google. The troubleshooting steps only apply to a mail client. I'm pretty sure the unauthorised attempt, which contained the correct user naem and password, was Premiere Elements.  I think Google has made me a victim of its ubiquity. As though managing passwrods were not already difficult enough.

Someone recently tried to use an application to sign in to your Google Account, xxxxxx@gmail.com. We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Wednesday, 20 June 2012 22:27:06 GMT
    IP Address: 76.74.170.7 (adobe.com)

If you do not recognise this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately. Find out how at http://support.google.com/accounts?p=reset_pw

If this was you and you want to give this application access to your account, complete the troubleshooting steps listed at http://support.google.com/mail?p=client_login

Sincerely,
    The Google Accounts Team

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2012 9:34 PM   in reply to Flailed

Hi,

I faced the same problem today but managed to fix it. Apparently my Gmail account detected the login attempt from Adobe Premiere Elements 9 (APE 9) as an unauthorized one.

What I did was log into my Gmail account, immediately I saw a warning saying "someone" had tried to login from a different location (funny, I am located in Mexico but the attempt from APE 9 was detected from the US. I acknowledged the login attemp by confirming it was "me" and then I got a message saying to try again from that "location" within the next ten minutes. I went back to APE 9 and was able to successfully log in. End of story.

I hope I made myself clear. Now I can upload my videos straight from APE 9.

Cheers,

Leo

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points