I noticed fonts are no longer displaying when switching from 4.5.1 to 4.6. The fonts are loaded with a .css-file (Compile CSS to SWF) and loaded with loadStyleDeclarations at applicationComplete. There's both embedAsCFF true and false fonts used. Everything works fine with 4.5.1, but 4.6 uses only default fonts. I have ran clean on the project a few times. According to the events there is no error in loading the style-swf.
If I put the style section (from the css-file) inside the main application the fonts are working in 4.6 too.
I've tracked the problem down to building with framework linkage 'Merged into code'. If I compile with the RSLs it works. I need to use merged into code though.
Also it seems it doesn't default to default fonts, but what looks like times new roman. Not that it matters.
This is a new requirement for 4.6 in order to optimize font lookups. See use of EmbeddedFontRegistry in this help article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/flex/using/WS2db454920e96a9e51e63e3d11c0bf 69084-799a.html