• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Kobo touch reader recently got replaced and my new one will not activate.

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting an authorize computer prompt. When I enter my AdobeID and password, I get an E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE KEY message.

Please help so I can get books from my library again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a similar discussion on this forum that could help you: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/314771

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevorfutrell for questions regarding our Digital Editions technology I would recommend posting your inquiry to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

When posting your inquiry I would also recommend your post information about if your Kobo touch has worked in the past or if you have always faced these difficulties.  If it has worked in the past what has changed?  Did you download a new update to your Kobo touch?  Which Kobo touch is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Touch was replaced by Kobo under warranty. I had been using it successfully prior to my unit failure.I looked over some of the related posts and did a factory reset on my unit and then uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Digital Editions. This seems to have done the trick as it activated once again and I was successful in borrowing another book from my local online library.Thank you for the prompt reply,Trevor

Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:43:35 -0700

To: trevorfutrell@hotmail.ca

Subject: My Kobo touch reader recently got replaced and my new one will not activate.

Re: My Kobo touch reader recently got replaced and my new one will not activate.

created by Jeff A Wright in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up - View the full discussion

Trevorfutrell for questions regarding our Digital Editions technology I would recommend posting your inquiry to the Adobe Digital Editions forum. When posting your inquiry I would also recommend your post information about if your Kobo touch has worked in the past or if you have always faced these difficulties. If it has worked in the past what has changed? Did you download a new update to your Kobo touch? Which Kobo touch is it?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Downloading, Installing, Setting Up by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines