• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player does not work after reboot

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running windows 7 64 bit with IE9 64bit and 32 bit as well as firefox. I have been fighting this ever since I update to Flash 11.1. I install flash and it runs fine until I reboot my pc. I have tried uninstalling flash and reinstalling all the suggestions listed in most of these forms and tried restoring my pc to a few weeks before when flash worked correctly. None of this helped. It is the same in Firefox as well as IE9. I have noticed thatit seems like adobe stays installed it just doesn't work. If I go into my installed programs I see the flash player 11 active X 64-bit installed. However when I open up IE9 under the addons Shockwave is no longer present after reboot. If anyone can offer any assistance I would be very greatful. Thanks for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2011 Dec 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do the following.

1. Disable all file shields on your antivirus. Most AV apps these days incorporate file scanners which spring into action as soon as you run an executable. This interferes with the installation process leading to corruption further down the line. If you don't know how to disable the shields, see this list with instructions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html
  2. Download the Flash uninstaller from here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_Flash_Player_uninstaller If using Internet Explorer, choose to Save it to somewhere where you can find it easily again. Do not choose Run.
  3. Close IE and then find the file you just downloaded and run it to uninstall Flash. It will also uninstall it from every other browser you have installed.
  4. Next, reboot.
  5. When the system reboots to the desktop, disable all those shields again.
  6. Next, go to http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax_64bit.exe to download the Flash plugin for Internet Explorer 64-bit (if that's the browser you'll be using). If you'll be using the 32-bit version of IE, then download this file instead: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax_32bit.exe
  7. When you see the prompt in IE, choose "Run" to install it immediately.
  8. Next, go download this version of the Flash player for every other browser except Google Chrome: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_32bit.exe This is the 32-bit version because Firefox is not yet available in the x64 flavour. If you have another browser which is 64-bit, download this file as well: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_64bit.exe Choose to save it to somewhere you can find it again afterwards and then run it to install in Firefox etc.
  9. If you have Google Chrome, the Flash player is embedded and will update automatically in the background.
  10. Test your installations in all browsers by going to: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
  11. Finally, re-enable your AV file shields again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xircal,

I tried this and still basically does the same thing. It installs and runs until reboot. Basically I cannot see the shockwave add on in my browser. Now when I turn my pc on it wants to install adobe flash again. Each and every time I turn the pc off it does this. However in my installed programs I can see the program there. Any help would be great. Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clell Hillbilly wrote:

Xircal,

I tried this and still basically does the same thing. It installs and runs until reboot. Basically I cannot see the shockwave add on in my browser. Now when I turn my pc on it wants to install adobe flash again. Each and every time I turn the pc off it does this. However in my installed programs I can see the program there. Any help would be great. Thanks for your time.

Can you check to see if ActiveX Filtering is the culprit? See: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I looked in to this a while back and once again but my settings are exactly the way they should be. The only thing I can find is that the shockwave add on doesn't stick after reboot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check your setup with the one in the screenshot? Go to Tools |Manage Add-ons, but I think you know that already.

ie_flash_player.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't show the shockwave object. It is there when I install but after reboot dissapears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you logged in as Administrator?

Also, can you see the files mentioned in this post? http://forums.adobe.com/message/4018023#4018023 (it's post #10 in case the link just takes you to the top of the page)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am logged in as the admin.

These are my filesmy files.JPG

These are the files you said look for

Files that are supposed to be there.JPG

There are some differences. I am missing the plug-in.exe file for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a discrepancy in your screenshots. You have the BETA version installed which is 11.2.202.95

The current stable release is 11.1.102.55. While there's no harm in being a guinea pig to test a new version, contributors on this forum, myself included don't usually have any experience with a BETA and cannot predict how it will perform.

To eliminate that from the equation, could you please uninstall it and then reinstall the current release? Remember to disable your AV shields before you proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed from the link you gave me. But it must of askedto update and I let it. I tried the beta version earlier to see if I would have any success there. I reinstalled the current stable version. Still the same thing. No luck after I reboot but it hasn't asked me to update. Here snap shot of my installer props and my files that stayed after reboot. Tou can see the plug in.exe file is goneinstaller.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the contents of the FlashInstall.log? It's shown in one of  your screenshots. Maybe it might provide some clues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't let me open it or copy it or anything. Also I just noticed that file is 2 months old. Any ideas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clell Hillbilly wrote:

I won't let me open it or copy it or anything. Also I just noticed that file is 2 months old. Any ideas

It will probably show as being a couple of months old because you would have upgraded a couple of times since the original date and it'll just add the new data to the bottom of the old file. But it's only a Notepad file and you shouldn't have a problem opening it. Is it located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash?

And we posted at the same time before, so please check my post above this one regarding the "Fixit".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the fix it app, didn't work. Also onthe log file it says I do not have adminstrative rights to it, more or less. However I am the admin. I checked it. It says that I can't copy delete or move it. Any more ideas. I also tried doing all that in safe mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clell Hillbilly wrote:

I tried the fix it app, didn't work. Also onthe log file it says I do not have adminstrative rights to it, more or less. However I am the admin. I checked it. It says that I can't copy delete or move it. Any more ideas. I also tried doing all that in safe mode.

This is beginning to sound like where the crux of the problem lies. If you don't have full control rights over a simple Notepad file, you'll almost certainly not have them over the ActiveX control. You can check by going to C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

Find the file called Flash11e.ocx in there, right click it, go to Properties and then click the Security tab. You should see all the boxes on the left except "Special Permissions" checkmarked for the Adminstrators group which will be highlighted in blue at the top. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got the log file opened.

log file.JPG

This is the latest part of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got it working. You put me on the right track. I went through and check all the security tabs under the macromedia folder and told it to enable for everyone. Its working now. Thanks so much for your help. I still don't know why all thos security settings got changed. This happened to me right after flash updated. Anyway if it happens again maybe I will know what to look for. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clell Hillbilly wrote:

I finally got it working. You put me on the right track. I went through and check all the security tabs under the macromedia folder and told it to enable for everyone. Its working now. Thanks so much for your help. I still don't know why all thos security settings got changed. This happened to me right after flash updated. Anyway if it happens again maybe I will know what to look for. Thanks again.

That's good to hear. But make sure the settings for the "Everyone" group looks like the one you see in the screenshot otherwise you'll be exposing your system to exploits. All the boxes except that one should be blank.

write_attributes_deny.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 19, 2011 Dec 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thought, could you run the "Fixit" to disable hardware acceleration on this MS site: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528233

You can re-enable it again if it makes no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines