Skip navigation
Vice.Mota
Currently Being Moderated

Goto Page and Search Feature needed.

Jul 11, 2011 11:38 AM

It is really annoying, I have a document with 125 pages, actually not that heavy purely free text. But every single time I open this document I have to scroll 30, 40, 60 times because there is no Go to page function. The other feature the helps a lot on navigation is the search box, so we can do text search. For me this is pretty basic. Please just let us know if there is any plan to have this feature implemented.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2011 2:20 PM   in reply to Vice.Mota

This is good feedback - thank you for taking time to let us know. I've passed this along to our engineers.

I accidently gave you instructions for Adobe Reader Desktop:

- Adobe Reader has both an option to "Go To Page" as well as a Search and Find feature.

- For GoToPage - select View > Page Navigation > Page and then type in the page number. This can also be accessed by Shift+Control+N (or Shift + Command + N on Mac).

- For Search you have two options - if you just want to look for a word or phrase, I would suggest using Find (Edit > Find or Control+F). If you want a more advaced search you can select Advanced Search ( Edit > Advanced Search or Shift+Control+F)

Message was edited by: LoriBelleDeFurio

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 8, 2011 6:08 AM   in reply to Vice.Mota

Thanks for the feedback. Adobe Reader for Windows Phone 7 does not support find or go-to-page. These capabilities are being evaluated in the product roadmap for future releases.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 10, 2011 11:04 PM   in reply to Vice.Mota

Please, please, PLEASE!! Give us GoTo and Search functions!! It's absolutely crucial for large documents!! We know you Adobe guys aren't huge Microsoft fans, but come on, your Acrobat reader is the ONLY pdf reader available for Windows Phone 7.5. Thanks in advance!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2011 1:09 AM   in reply to Vice.Mota

Absolutely agree, without a search and goto facility, this version of reader is virtually useless. You try finding something quickly in a HTC windows phone manual.

You must incorporate these functions quickly. Will convert pdf to word from now on.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2012 1:17 PM   in reply to Vice.Mota

It's really time to refresh the reader on Windows Phone 7 market place.  The among of negative feedback is significant.  We are only looking for the most basic reader function: go to page and text search.  I can even live without the bookmark and suffer the ridiculous jerky page scrolling.  Currently I have to press hundreds of time to go to a page of a 1000 page book that I read daily.  Whoever wrote this app should be really ashamed.  Whoever approved this kind of quality software should be fired from the company.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 12, 2012 5:02 AM   in reply to Vice.Mota

I agree completely. The reader is useless for documents with more than 20 pages because these features are lacking.

/Sven

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 7, 2012 8:27 AM   in reply to svenhe

Hopefully we'll see the update soon

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 8, 2012 3:42 AM   in reply to buckyuk_uk

Adobe Reader has been updated for Windows Phone 7, with a search function, home button, and view mode, also the file list is better. the only downside is you cannot place your files where you want them. But Windows Phone 8, no doubt will now allow this.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points