Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Reivewer and timing problems with PPT import

Contributor ,
Dec 21, 2011 Dec 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am using CP5.5, reviewer 2.5. I have a bunch of timings in my PPTX file (custom animations). I import the slides to CP just fine. I publish and run in PDF or HTM/SWF just fine. However, when some clients review it via the CP reviewer, they claim that timings are all off when I know they are spot on. Anyone else have this issue and know how to deal with it? I would like to use the reviewer tool, but cannot since my client complains that the synchronization is off when it reallly isn't.

Thanks,

Lori

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lori.  Don't be too quick to assume that your clients are telling fibs here.  Just because the elearning syncs up well with audio on your system with your version of flash player and your chip and your RAM, doesn't mean that it will do the same for everyone else.  They are more than likely seeing exactly what they're telling you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lori

I agree with Rod here.

But the question I have (and why I popped into the thread) is to ask if the same things occur for your clients if you publish out the project and place it on the server.

Remember, the Reviewer is not presenting things the same way that a published project will.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rod & Rick,

Sorry to imply that my client was loopy.  I totally believe that they are seeing timing issues which is why I am concerned.  Instead, I send them  PDF or HTM/SWF publication and things seem to work just fine. Like I said, I'd like to use the reviewer for the wonderful commenting feature, but if it is not going to play timings correctly, then I really can't. I guess I'm just really disappointed that the reviewer does not display as a published project would. How good a reviewer is it if it isn't accurate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources