Replies 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 21, 2011 9:08 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Heloo

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 23, 2011 5:35 PM   in reply to able123

Personal Projects can be hell. I am still struggling with an Intro-Title sequence, and am no closer today, than I was 6 mos. ago. I'm not even bringing a program, like Maya into the mix either.

Hang in there, be patient, and with some work, and experimenting, you WILL hit on what you envision. Before bed, tonight, or tomorrow night, spend some quiet time thinking about the Title sequence, just before sleep. Let you mind come upon rest, with that on your mind - nothing deep - just some thinking. Dream about it, and when you awaken, write it down! Sounds rather metaphysical, but often I got some of my best ideas, just dreaming about a problem. Even if I did not remember the dreams specifically, I often woke up with a solution. Write it down immediately.

Good luck, and sleep well - Merry Christmas

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 23, 2011 5:59 PM   in reply to able123

Dang, you're still up! What is it, 3:00AM tomorrow there? Oh wait, you don't live down near ShooterNZ (glad to see Craig back in these environs - missed that kiwi humor), so it's only 10:00PM. Well, take that dream advice, and see how it goes. I keep trying that, but for some reason, my one personal Project is just not cooperating. Think that I am just too close to it, and the scars have not healed yet.

Sleep well,

Hunt

PS - I would start the RoboDog "series" with about "Chapter 3," so you can then go back and sell the prequle episodes, some years later...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 23, 2011 6:25 PM   in reply to able123

Oh, that's right. We are on MST now, and not PST. As we do not change, I can seldom remember if we are on Denver, or San Francisco time.

Keep on dreaming,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 24, 2011 2:30 PM   in reply to able123

I liked it...

Hey Rod have you seen the trailer for Peter Jackson's The Hobbit?  My daughter showed it to my wife the other day, and I just saw it a few minutes ago.  Long wait, but it should be great...

You Tube Trailer

My daughter showed me This, yesterday.  Pretty entertaining.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2011 7:59 AM   in reply to able123

Looking good! Glad that I kept looking for links, as some above have now been removed.

Later,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 26, 2011 2:26 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Thank

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2012 5:36 PM   in reply to able123

Well now, Denver has the "blue bronco of death" right at the entrance to DIA... but that is all part of a much larger conspiracy theory, that I will not go into, however it did figure into a small part of one of Brad Thor's novels.

Probably not as much fun as a tipsy cowgirl in red, high-heel boots - sort of like Lady Gaga meets Dorothy... "there's no place like home... go Broncos, buck, buck buck."

BTW, what was Lady Gaga supposed to be, when she started her set last night, and oil spill?

I also expected Bloomie to come out dressed like Little Orphan Annie and sing, The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow. He missed a golden opportunity. Now, we caught New Year in Sydney, and then got home in time to see NYC, and it's a good thing, as we crashed before it came to AZ.

One problem with snakes in the military is that they do not have shoulders for epulets. Military uniforms look really odd on them. I mean, imagine someone like Gaddafi (choose your spelling) in his full generalisimo uniform, if he was a snake.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2012 7:48 PM   in reply to able123

I enjoy NYC, and as watching NYE from there, gets me into bed earlier (more important, at my advanced age), I do watch that scene. After all, if I stay up until Midnight here (AZ), I would ONLY get to see a Tortilla Chip drop (Fiesta Bowl). Heck, even my neighbors shot off all of their fireworks, when the NYC "ball" dropped. Even the younger crowd was doing something else, come time to drop the Tortilla Chip in Tempe!!!!! This was fine with me, as my younger Bulldog hates fireworks, even if we give her a "calming cookie." Having the firecrackers go off at 10:00PM, just after we got back from the airport, was not a bad thing.

Now, if Bloomie was following his calling, he'd have been a dancer in Nancy Pelosi's SF NYE Spectacular, maybe as a biker/cowboy, wearing only black leather chaps and vest?

At first blush, I thought that Lady Gaga was supposed to be a black octopus, but then from most camera angles, I realized that I was wrong, but could not tell WHAT she was supposed to be. Sometimes, I think that the various coreographers need to furnish subtitles on what we are seeing. I keep thinking back to the 1992 Olympics in Albertville. The opening ceremony featured giant, dancing sperm. Yes, subtitles would have been nice. I would have appreciated Lady Gaga's coreographer using them.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 9:24 AM   in reply to able123

Not a bad logo!

Maybe I'll try to license that from the creator. Might need a few minor change, but as the "trout ranch" is in New Mexico, I can see good elements to it. Right now, the logo is a teepee. While there are several Native American tribes in the area, they most often lived in adobe houses, or up north a bit, in cliff houses, where the teepee was most often employed by the Plains Indians. Still, that logo came with the property, when cousin purchased it 18 years ago. I redid it, in Illustrator, since all she got was some poorly printed material. At least she got the rights to it.

We'll see how things play out, but the creator might pick up some $ for the use of the image?

Thanks,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 5:06 PM   in reply to able123

Hey, please don't mention that we have flies at the "trout ranch... " unless you mean "trout flies."

Don't you want to leave NYC for rural NM, and run a trout ranch? I'll pick up the tab for Coors lite, and even get a license for that stuff.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 8:51 AM   in reply to able123

Rod,

From my point of observation (not really knowing that segment of the hospitality market), I think that you have nailed it completely.

There is a large segment of the potential market, that just wants to get away, commune with nature along a stream and catch fish. Those folk might be on vacation from a Manhatten investment firm, where the bonus is about 10x my annual income, but some might be taking a holiday from greeting at their local Wal-mart. What brings them is the stream, the rustic, laid-back nature of the places, and the fish.

Now, there were instances, where senior management types would pack up their "team," and bring them all down to the trout ranch for a week of "guy fun," and fishing. A very few even flew in via their private jets, complete with a chef. Still, they seemed to want "rustic," and fish.

For me, such a retreat would look different - The Enchantment, The Del, Dove Mountain Ritz, Blackberry Farm, etc., and would be repleat with luxury, great food, wine/liquor, probably golf and sitting around a giant firepit doing cigars and Port, after a day of meeting (maybe meeting on the golf course?). Different things completely. That is one reason that I am ill-suited to run a trout ranch. I just do not fully understand the market, and the incentives.

I think that I need to sell it to your syndicate, and let you guys make a fortune with it.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points