• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 2011-01-31T23:37:57-08:00%20(129

Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen other posts like this and have tried the steps to correct it.  However if I understand this correctly this applies to when you download a PDF or epub, which I have not yet done, it's just not letting me activate Adobe Digital Editions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

time and date are correct? Have a look at your timezone.

chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The time on your computer needs to be set correctly for ANY server transaction such as activation, and not just for downloading books.

See http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/403/kb403936.html for troubleshooting details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time zone for me is Central until it changes then I go back to Pacific (I live in one of those zones that doesn't change time, just the time zone), as far as I can tell I have the correct time zone , the clock on my comp is correct.

How do I find out what time the server is?

I have downloaded and activated/registered tons of programs before and have never come across a program that expects you to have perfect time or a matching time zone before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparenlty living in an area that goes from one time zone to another instead of adjust

ing clocks, will cause Adobe digital editions to not activate.  I fixed this by turning my computer to

Pacific time from Central, and setting my clock an hour behind my current time.

Rather confusing to have to deal with but at least it's working now.

Thanks Chris and Jim for the replies, you guys helped me figure out a solution to the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it working.  The time must match the correct value for the UTC offset you have set on your computer (which roughly corresponds to the timezone).

For instance in the SF Bay area, as I right this it is 6:04 PM ( or 18:04:00-8:00 ) which matches what time the gov't thinks it is for the Pacific Time Zone. http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8

For Montain this would be

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Mountain/d/-7

So if you are switching timezone, you should change the time zone on your computer, and then set the correct time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For what it's worth, I had that problem and my excellent library helped me out.  A representative from Overdrive suggested something.  It did not make much sense to me, but I tried it and it worked.  Here is their suggestion:

Thank you for your patience.  The response from Overdrive is:

Hello,

We apologize for the difficulties you patron is experiencing. From the information provided, it appears that Adobe Digital Editions opens when they click the .ACSM file but it only displays the main window and does not begin downloading the title. This issue can be resolved by following the steps below.

1. 1. Close Adobe Digital Editions.
  1. 2. Go to 'Documents | My Digital Editions' and rename the 'restore'

folder to 'restore.old'.

1. 3. Download a fresh copy of the title from your library account.
  1. 4. Navigate to the location where the .ACSM file is saved and double click the file to open it. Adobe Digital Editions should open and begin downloading your title.

Please let us know if this helps or if any further assistance is needed.

Thank you,

Kelli

OverDrive Support Services

This worked and it is amazingly simple.  Why the Barnes and Noble Nook experts could not suggest this is another discussion. I hope this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines