Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe on Mac want to use livecycle.

Dec 22, 2011 6:50 PM

I run adobe on an Imac. I have a windows 7 machine and want to run Livecycle. Am I going about things in the right way in that I purchase Livecycle for windows, create forms on the windows 7 Machine. Or is it the case that I will need to purchase adobe all over again for Windows so Livecycle will run with Acobat? In short can I get access to the form filling solutions in Livecycle on a windows platform and continue to run my Abobe suite on my Imac?

Replies
  • George Johnson
    11,651 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Dec 22, 2011 7:54 PM   in reply to RobertAlexLong

LiveCycle Designer comes with the Windows version of Acrobat Pro, it's not something you can get separately, though it also included with LiveCycle Workbench. So you will need to purchase at least Acrobat Pro for Windows in order to get LiveCycle Designer.

Purchasing Adobe will cost you around $14,000,000,000. 

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 22, 2011 8:49 PM   in reply to George Johnson

I'm sure the person meant Acrobat instead of Adobe.

He could buy a Copy of the Acrobat PC version, Windows7, and Fusion or Parallels and install on he iMac and not have to use the PC.

If you can come up with $13,999,999,980.00 I can chip in 20 Bucks to buy Adobe.  We could probably run it better Than the folks running it now. At least we can cater to the customers rather than the the BOD and investors and still make them some money.

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,651 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Dec 22, 2011 10:22 PM   in reply to RobertAlexLong

Yes, that's right.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 23, 2011 10:34 AM   in reply to George Johnson

One of the first orders of Business would be to Create a Mac Version of LiveCycle for Mac. Because it seems Than More Mac People ae interested in Such than PC People.  Or at least add the ability to fill out LiveCycle Created forms, without converting to regular Pdfs (LiveCycle versions are XML based). Also second order of business it make the Adobe PDF Viewer Pluging work with any browser . Not just webkit versions. Should work equally as well with. Seamonkey, Thinderbird, FireFox, Camino, Opera, Omniweb, Chrome, Safari, iCab on Mac.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points