• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Video is pixelated/blocky on fullscreen. Even UI Bar is pixelated.

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2011 Dec 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an issue that seems to have been ongoing since May with many users and I have yet to see a fix.

On many sites that use flash video, specifically Youtube and NHL Gamecenter, when you go into full screen mode, the video and the UI bar become very pixelated. This is obviously due to a scaling problem and I simply have no idea why this hasn't been fixed yet. Here are some examples for your reference:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/rocknskadude/Pixelated-1.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12652366/flash.jpg

Will this ever be fixed?????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 24, 2011 Dec 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drop back to 720p HD if your video card can't handle the higher settings. You won't notice much difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2011 Dec 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xircal, I believe many think this very common problem is due to a scaling issue rather than not having the hardware to handle the video... am also having this problem and very interested in a solution! Should really be fixed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cphil19, you are abosolutely right. I had the same experience and I must say that you have described everything flawlessly. This has been the case since Adobe Flash plugin version 10.2.  For me that was the last version that had no problems with upscaling. Fortunately there is a solution on youtube - you may use HTML 5 video Beta instead of flash most of the time.

Windows 7 x64

Intel HD Graphics with latest driver from manufacturer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines