Skip navigation
Phoenix89MR
Currently Being Moderated

Tablet Pen: Gone Bad or Just Not Properly Set?

Dec 25, 2011 10:40 AM

I've recently developed a problem with my Wacom Saphire tablet and pen (bought in 2005).  I don't think it's limited to Photoshop, but it sure shows up there.

In PSCS5 (Mac OS 10.6.8, iMac 3.4 GHz, Core i7), I recently tried using the brush tool and it appears to behave oddly (and unusably).  There is a delayed reaction in both application of pen pressure on the tablet as well as release.  In other words, if I tap on a command, for example, it takes about 5 seconds to react.  If I try to draw, it takes about that long for the writing to begin.  If I stop writing, it continues to write for 5 seconds after the pen tip leaves the surface of the tablet.

The problem is fairly recent.  I cannot recall installing new software since the last time I used it.  I'm a pretty bare bones computer user and don't have much if any squirrely software--all pretty mainstream. 

I have installed the latest software prescribed by Wacom 5.2.5-3.  I've zapped the PRAM.  The tablet behaves the same way on another computer

Is it likely the pen or tablet has just gone south?  Or is there a setting that I don't know about that causes this behavior?

If there is a new tablet in my future, and recommendations out there?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 25, 2011 10:43 AM   in reply to Phoenix89MR

That sounds like a driver problem, but could also be a hardware problem with the tablet USB connection.

I'd suggest contacting Wacom support -- they're good at isolating problems like this.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2011 3:09 PM   in reply to Phoenix89MR

The tablet behaves the same way on another computer

It sounds like a performance issue, does it happen with only the brush tool, does it happen with only a small file open, whats the other comp, and what version PS?

G

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2011 4:11 PM   in reply to Phoenix89MR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers