Skip navigation
Rich Schafer
Currently Being Moderated

Duplicate Files Appearing in Explorer Window

Dec 27, 2011 12:38 PM

Tags: #getchildrenhandler

I am writing a custom plug-in for a CMS.  I am experiencing an issue when opening folders in Windows Explorer where each child file is listed twice.  However, each child that is a folder is only listed once. This happens for any folder in the CMS.

Viewing the logs from my plug-in, it appears that Windows lists the contents of all of the folders so it can display the hierarchy in the navigation pane.  Then when I click into a folder, it re-lists the contents of that folder.  I believe it is this second call to the GetChildrenHandler that is causing drive to display the duplicate files since if I disable the navigation pane and clear the Drive cache, only a single instance of each file shows up.  Note: I never get more than 2 instances even if I re-display folders over an over again.

I am basing my GetChildrenHandler after the sample.basicftp GetChildrenHandler.  However, I am using 16 byte hexadecimal idenitifiers as asset IDs instead of paths. I have extensive logging in my plug-in and have verified that when I create the file update recipe, the asset ID, asset path, parent ID and asset version are all identical.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rich

Replies

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points