Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

3d animation software suggestions

Feb 16, 2011 11:58 AM

Hello,

I would like to know:

what is a good 3d animation software that is somewhat basic. I need to make simple 3d cartoons that can move around and talk. I don't need anything super high-end but nothing that is too basic. Price isn't really an issue too much since my employer is paying

Is there something that can be thrown into a Premiere Pro timeline?

Output is video (.wmv, .flv, .mp4 for youtube).

Thanks in advance

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 17, 2011 5:32 AM   in reply to Bucketheadd

Bucketheadd wrote:

...what is a good 3d animation software that is somewhat basic...

That is a great oxymoron.

Being inexperienced in 3D character animation, expect a considerable amount of time to learn it (months, years) before you will be able to produce something useful to your employer.

Common professional apps include Maya, Lightwave and 3D Studio Max. Even if price is no object, there is a huge cost to learning these complex apps. You might do well with a more basic, but still very capable for character animation...  Animation Master by Hash.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2011 8:21 AM   in reply to Bucketheadd

If you have access to Mac http://cheetah3d.com is probably ideal

AC

|
    Mark as:
  • CloudFormz
    8 posts
    May 7, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 7, 2011 1:36 AM   in reply to Bucketheadd

Cinema 4D is a good basic 3d program to start with.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2011 5:39 AM   in reply to CloudFormz

I agree.  Cinema4D is a good "basic" program & very affordable since you are not likely to have a "useable" finished peice for a while due to the large learning curve.  (good selling point to your superiors) Although, in my experience they all work pretty much the same.  I learned 3D on Maya - which was far too expensive for my employer to purchase.  So we got Cinema4D & while it was different from Maya, it was easy to catch on.  Also, Maxon (the parent co.) offer excellent training & support, which is a huge bonus.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 5, 2011 8:08 AM   in reply to Bucketheadd

I really like working with cinema4D which is really basic to advanced, but if you wanna

get the real deal you should try out Maya.

Really good 3d prog.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 17, 2011 11:24 AM   in reply to Bucketheadd

Had you looked into iClone or SmithMicro's Anime Studio?  They are both kind of basic but rather good.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2011 2:56 AM   in reply to Bucketheadd

I am agree with Marian, if you are totally unexperienced in 3d animation, don't go for yourself as it will take a considerable amount of time to be an expert.

Rather I would suggest you to for a 3d animation studio/company. If you are in US, you can check with Zco corporation. To get an idea of their work check their website (http://www.zco.com/3d-animations.aspx), you will find various previous work examples.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2011 5:39 AM   in reply to Bucketheadd

IllusionMage is a scam.

For more information about IllusionMage, see http://www.blender.org/blenderorg/blender-foundation/press/re-branding -blender/

IllusionMage is not a "worthwhile investment" because you can get it for free at http://www.blender.org

joniqueen is spamming and scamming this forum with a bogus product.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2012 2:18 AM   in reply to Bucketheadd

If you want something for nothing, there are a few freeware versions of 3D packages available. 3D Canvas from amabilis.com is a cut down version of the company's commercial 3D packages. It's a fully functional 3D application but is probably more suited to the intermediate 3D users or keen beginners.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points