Skip navigation
This discussion is locked

How To Create Printer Spreads PDF for Saddle Stitch Booklet?

May 12, 2010 8:53 AM

Latest reply: Peter Spier, Dec 29, 2011 9:21 AM
Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 29, 2011 2:22 AM   in reply to Dan Poynor

Dan,

As you note, the thread is quite old, and you found the information you needed in the original run. All good. Now, another user has come across the thread -- as we hope will happen -- and has a different opinion as to what is similar. That's not inflamatory, nor is it really anything you need to be concerned about. It is not all that unusual for threads to revive or go in a new direction. You have your answer, and now rcbmoose has theirs.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2011 7:55 AM   in reply to Dan Poynor

I can't speak for what other posters really mean -- that's part of the problem with forums, but I will say that your initial response to Eugene seemed rude and uncalled for to me (clearly I did not interpret it in the way you intended), and my feeling of what rcbmoose was saying is that rather than berate someone we should be appreciative of the effort that they make to offer some help, even if it turns out not to be useful in a way that is readily apparent to us.

Granted the Windows printer options screen does not resemble what you see on Mac, but I think most users would say that the Application level screens in ID are very similar, and even in my limited work with OSX I believe there are analogous printer settings screens (not identical, analogous) where you would find the same sort of default settings. All of us who answer questions here are volunteers, and we're human, so sometimes we screw up. Nobody desevrves to be raked over the coals about it.

I'm sorry you didn't get what you needed directly from Eugene. That's not a reason to continue to harp on whether his screen shots are "identical." Evidently they are similar enough to what RCB moose has seen to guide him to where he needed to go, and he seems thankful that Eugene posted them, even if in error.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2011 9:21 AM   in reply to Dan Poynor

If you go back, as I just did, you'll see that he did not say you should be grateful for anything. What he said was that your reponse to Eugene struck him as ungrateful (perhaps it's that word that bothers you), and I happen to have had the same reaction, though I used the terms rude and uncalled for, but that's probably because I know how much help Eugene has provided to other users over the past few years. I suspect this is a case where we read inflection into your response that was not intended.

I happen to take offense, too, at the suggestion that I don't promote accuracy. I make every attempt to be as accurate as possible in my own responses, or to state clearly when I don't know what the Mac screen will look like. I laso make a point of posting when I see other responses to questions that are clearly incorrect. I'm not apologizing for Eugene. I'm pointing out that you keep bringing up that his screen shots are not 100% relevant for your Mac. That does not make them useless to all users, and the entire issue was covered some months ago. And I did not say that Eugene had helped you -- if that's what you meant above, I can't really tell -- but rather that he had helped rbcmoose in spite of not helping you.

Frankly, I'm a little tired of you, and I think this thread has gone downhill to the point that there is nothing of value to be added by any of us, so I'm going to exercise my prerogative to lock it.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points