Skip navigation
creatorzkid
Currently Being Moderated

I have crappy internet service... Can touch apps transfer files without creative cloud?

Dec 29, 2011 7:21 PM

Tags: #offline #upload #share #touch #apps #creative_cloud #tablet_apps

I live and work mostly from home which is in a rural area with crappy Internet service.  I have a capped plan.  All I'm looking to do is present to clients and do on the fly mockups.  I don't need the cloud.  Will it transfer sans cloud, the old fashioned way, with a cable?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2012 5:25 PM   in reply to creatorzkid

Hey creatorzkid,

I wasn't sure how you typically present to clients, in person, from a tablet, or from your home computer etc. The touch apps do have options for saving locally to the tablet itself (native tablet Photo Gallery) or sending a project via email. The options vary from app to app also. The Creative Cloud is the best way if you are planning on starting on the tablet and finishing on the desktop though. Some of the Adobe desktop programs (Photoshop CS5 or Illustrator CS5, etc.)  have a plug-ins which allow you to import the tablet files directly into them for continued editing, something like this

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1336

The non-Creative Cloud workflows are designed around transferring the files in a more universal viewable format for sending or viewing by others, namely Jpeg.

Hope that helps,

-Dave

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points