• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem getting a PDF to show up in the store

Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2011 Dec 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem getting a particular PDF into my bookstore. I can successfully package/upload the book into ACS, and I can export the books.xml file for my store. The file shows the book I want to add to the store, but when I update my store with the books.xml file, the  book I want to add to the store does not appear.

I had a similar problem a few months ago with another PDF book: I could upload it to ACS and it was included in the books.xml file, but it wouldn't show up in the store. I finally traced the problem to an image on the cover and the title page: Once I removed the image, the PDF book showed up in the store.

I've done everything I can think of with the problem PDF: omitted bookmarks and hyperlinks, replaced all original images with save-for-web JPGs, used a totally vanilla cover image, used Acrobat to preflight the file (no problems reported), and used Acrobat to convert colors (which shouldn't be necessary -- the PDF was exported from InDesign using the Smallest Size preset) -- no luck. I've also confirmed that I can add a file to the store by uploading a one-page, one-colour PDF.

Any suggestions about what to do next?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 30, 2011 Dec 30, 2011

I resolved the problem by regenerating the PDF -- by printing to Postscript and then distilling. I'm now in the process of adding the file information in Properties and making bookmarks again. I trust these additional things don't break the store again.

Apparently there was some problem somewhere that my store was aware of but that InDesign, Acrobat, and ACS were unaware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2011 Dec 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I resolved the problem by regenerating the PDF -- by printing to Postscript and then distilling. I'm now in the process of adding the file information in Properties and making bookmarks again. I trust these additional things don't break the store again.

Apparently there was some problem somewhere that my store was aware of but that InDesign, Acrobat, and ACS were unaware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines