Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adjustments/hue/saturation

Dec 31, 2011 9:42 AM

Tags: #photoshop_cs5

Using Mac Snow Leopard--when I click hue/saturation I don't get a dialog box, only the eye dropper appears, then I have to CMD/return to get out. Other Adjustments work fine. This is a new development, it worked fine recently.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2011 9:55 AM   in reply to uncle bobo

Sounds like you moved the dialog onto another display, or are trying to use Spaces and ran into one of it's bugs.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2011 3:13 PM   in reply to uncle bobo

No, it's not a bug.  It's user error.

At one time you either had a secondary monitor attached which is now disconnected or you had a larger display screen resolution (more pixels wide by more pixels high) which you have since changed.  In either case the modal dialog box is now off screen.  You have no chance of finding it without first trashing your preferences.

To re-create the preferences files for Photoshop, start the application while holding down Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2011 7:22 PM   in reply to uncle bobo

The cursor changed as it normally does when that dialog is up, and the menus and tabs are disabled because the dialog is up somewhere.  I bet that pressing escape or return would get you back to a working state (because they dismiss the dialog).

As Tai said: resetting your preferences will also reset the dialog location.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2011 8:32 PM   in reply to uncle bobo

If your dock is visible and you have a display near the minimum required by Photoshop, then the HDRPro dialog may get clipped.  Hiding the dock should solve that, or you can use escape (cancel) and return or enter (ok) to close the dialog.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points