Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple images in item renderer

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2011 Dec 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and Happy New Year!

I'm building an app for iPad which has quite complex item renderer requirements.  One of the requirements is that there has to be an icon which cycles through an array of images (fading in and out to the next in the array).  I was thinking of extending iconitemrenderer because I need caching among other things, however it only support 1 icon.  I either need to be able to create n number of icons and faded them in and out or invalidate the item renderer and pass in another icon from my array but that will make the fade in/out difficult.  Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks

Ben

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2012 Jan 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the source code in this samples: http://coenraets.org/blog/2010/02/more-flex-4-spark-itemrenderer-samples/

You have to extend the item renderer in mxml to define your own layout and define multiple states to handle the transitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@benmarinic Did you find the solution to adding more number of icons for iconItemRenderer? The mxml method is really easy to implement, however, I too wanted to implement it extending the iconItemRender or some similar ways from actionscript because it is optimized for mobile. I'd really appreciate if you could share your code. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines