Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop's 'Skin' color

Dec 31, 2011 12:43 PM

Tags: #help

Hey guys! I do a lot of artwork using Photoshop Cs3 extended, and I love the program. My only problem that is that after a while the light grey color of the program starts to hurt my eyes. I was wondering if there was any way that I could change the program's color? It would really make it a lot easier on my eyes when drawing and doing other things with the program. Thanks!

color example.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2011 10:28 PM   in reply to Emily Bartel

No...not at this time.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jan 1, 2012 1:44 PM   in reply to Jeff Schewe

"Mr. Schewe, that's not entiiiirely accurate..." 

You can set the background color of the canvas around open images in Tabbed view.  With an image open, right click outside its edges to access the color changing capability.  Personally I prefer to set it to a fairly dark gray myself:

CanvasBackgroundColor.jpg

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 1, 2012 8:28 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

"Mr. Schewe, that's not entiiiirely accurate..." 

You can't change the light tone UI of Photoshop at this time...look at what the OP posted, I don't think he was referring to the Canvas color. You can't currently change the Photoshop UI, can you?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,514 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Jan 2, 2012 6:16 AM   in reply to Jeff Schewe

Yes, the parts shown literally in the originally posted image are not changeable, that's correct.  But it's not obvious that the canvas background actually changes to something that IS configurable in the area Emily identified as "This Color" when an image is opened, so I thought I'd mention it.  And I feel this is the most important part.

I wasn't being critical of you, Jeff.  I was just trying to humorously imitate Mr. Nimzicki in the film Independence Day, just after President Whitmore, in good faith, assured Mr. Levinson that there's no Area 51. 

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points