Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Colorblind red/green, how does that affect PS and what are the options.

Jan 2, 2012 10:23 AM

Like so many men, I am Colorblind (not in full) for red/green.  As a photographer I manipulate pictures like all of us. My main tools are LR-3 and PS-5.

I operate in the Pro-Photo colorspace on am Imac with a Eizo graphical monitor all calibrated.

The problem arrises when I start to work on skin and other elements, as I am coloblind (partial) my manipulations tend to result in a bit to redisch pictures. A comment I receive many times.

I don't see it that way, but after a colorblindness test it was comfirmed.

So here is the question:  Is there a tool/colorprofile/colospace or whatever that could be used by me as a red/green colorblind person so that I can manipulate the pictures as I would like to.

The colorprofile/space/tool would compensate.  Once done with the job I could then simply convert it back to a normal human view.  Does this exist ?

Note that I always work with graycard and a ColorChecker from X-rite..

Any recommendation is more then welcome.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2012 11:32 AM   in reply to flash_splash

I don't know of any colorspaces that would do what you're asking.

It might be possible using 2 or 3 color previews -- but it seems like it would be far easier to correct "by the numbers" in your case.

Sorry I don't have better news.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2012 11:52 AM   in reply to Chris Cox

Interesting…  If I understand the issue correctly, you need the opposite of this:

Coloe_blind_proof.jpg

This shows a person with normal vision how an image will look to a color blind person.  I can see how the opposite may pose quite a challenge for the programmers. 

Wo Tai Lao Le

我太老了

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points