• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting Photoshop CS5 as the default for opening all photo files?

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I make Photoshop CS5 the default for opening all photo files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Close the jpeg in Photoshop! This procedure is done on an unopened (closed) file in the finder, Photoshop is not involved.

Open a FINDER window, click ONCE to select your file (NOT double click to open it)

Command I or in the Finder, File menu, select Get Info.

In the GET INFO window, change the Open With item to Photoshop

Click the CHANGE ALL button, You will get the warning "This change will apply to all Adobe Photoshop CS5.app documents with extension “.jpg”.

Click CONTINUE and from now on all jp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considered doing a Forum search yet?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3263174#3263174

Anyway, you’d have to set that for all intended formats that don’t have Photoshop as default-application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have a .jpg file open and a I click command and i, it inverts the image. If I am on the finder and click command and i, it opens the Info window, but for the desktop, not the .jpg.  What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Finder raise the Info (command-I) of one jpg (for example), set »Open with« to Photoshop and click »Change All«.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't follow what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don’t understand what the Finder is, the thing where you handle folders and files etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what the Finder is, but I'm affraid I am not completely clear exact what term, "In the Finder raise the Info (command-I) of one jpg" is impyling.   

What is suppose to be "open" when I click on command and i? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a jpg is selected and you click command-I the file’s info should be displayed (also File > Get Info).

And there should be a line with the text »Open with:« …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have a jpg selected and I click command-i, it doesn't give the the file info window, it inverts the image. I am opening this jpg by opening Photoshop, going file-> open and picking a jpg file.  If I click on the desktop and click command-i, I get the file info window, but not one pertaining to a jpg file of course, but it is the window that I have used to accomplish this task in the past.  In CS5 there isn't a Get Info under File, only a File Info and it opens up a window that doesn't offer the change I am looking for.  I just upgraded to CS5 and its been years since I've dealt with this issue.  I really appreciate you assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close the jpeg in Photoshop! This procedure is done on an unopened (closed) file in the finder, Photoshop is not involved.

Open a FINDER window, click ONCE to select your file (NOT double click to open it)

Command I or in the Finder, File menu, select Get Info.

In the GET INFO window, change the Open With item to Photoshop

Click the CHANGE ALL button, You will get the warning "This change will apply to all Adobe Photoshop CS5.app documents with extension “.jpg”.

Click CONTINUE and from now on all jpegs double clicked in the finder will automatically open in Photoshop

open-in.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!  I was beginning to feel like a complete idiot.  Bo, I'm in South Louisiana and your name sounds like one that would fit right in around here.  Where are you from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Plaquemines Parish  No, just foolin'

Not even close, however, I do make a gumbo every once in a while.

It's just a name, not unlike Gumby!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines