• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FMS 4.0 client.id vs. getUsers()

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When calling the getUsers( appInstance ) function, a list of IDs is returned. Shouldn't this ID match the ID that is attached to the client object when they connect to the appInstance??

This is how it used to be in FMS 3.5... but now I am facing problems. When a client logs in to my application their client.id = 4702111234625978735, and when I use getUsers() function through another admin application that monitors the first one... I get oAAJAAAA in the list.

I understand the issue now that I have the post by SE_0208 here

However, I have two questions:

1- Is there a quik solution for this until the final fix is there?

2- Is this issue resolved in FMS 4.5?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Well... it seems that this issue is not resolved in the latest FMS 4.5, not sure why... I wonder why Adobe starts making changes to something but then never completes the task.

There shouldn't be any reason to do the correct thing... you do it because its correct. It is only logical that if you start changing the representation of the "id" on the client object, that you consider all the other places where this "id" is used and to change them as well.

However, if someone is still looking for this a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just create a Object which I call userObject and assign each client an unique ID generally their user name which is passed to the SSAS via the NetConnection Object like "rtmp://myDomain/IPaddress/myApp/myAppInstance","BOB" after its passed its caught by onConnect assigned to the userObject and the userObject is assigned to client object<<<<<why you have to assign it to the client object is a little murky to me but if you really want to know either ask Graeme  or goto http://www.fmsguru.com  and follow all the FMS video tutorials  that intrest you.  Graeme has made them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well... it seems that this issue is not resolved in the latest FMS 4.5, not sure why... I wonder why Adobe starts making changes to something but then never completes the task.

There shouldn't be any reason to do the correct thing... you do it because its correct. It is only logical that if you start changing the representation of the "id" on the client object, that you consider all the other places where this "id" is used and to change them as well.

However, if someone is still looking for this answer as I was, I used the LongInt class (as mentioned in this discussion). Once a user logged in, I send their id back to them asking them to convert it to the other format. That is my temporary solution until Adobe fixes this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines