Skip navigation
Bromardb
Currently Being Moderated

How to get lightroom3 to import both RAW and jpg images from a folder containing both.

Jan 3, 2012 3:43 PM

I am having problems importing in lightroom3  Some files import both RAW and jpg images while others do not.  When I examine the folders there does

not seem to be a difference between folders when folder imports both images and another file does not.

There seems to be an inadvertent change in the library view.  Now when I select a folder to import I get a new dialogue box that has not appeared in the past.

This may be part of my problem. 

As a part of this problem, is there a way to return the program to factory default settings?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 3, 2012 3:59 PM   in reply to Bromardb

To import both RAW files and jpgs associated with RAW files as separate files, go to Edit, Preferences, General and tick the box next to Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos

Setting LR back to it's default settings may be more complicated. You can go through preferences selecting in General, Reset all warning dialogs, in Presets, Reset all default Develop settings and the clicking on Restore Export presets and all the rest in that dialog. Or for a full reset you can delete your preferences file itself, the location of which is listed in the FAQ page here.

Make sure you understand LR well enough to know how this may effect your work, ensure you copy the preferences file somewhere else before deleting it so you can always replace it and ensure your catalog itself is backed up before making any changes.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points