Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FAST FOOD FOR EDITING

Dec 10, 2011 1:44 PM

when i get into working on stuff I really hate stopping and doing other things ...unless I'm waiting for some process to get done ( eg. export etc ).

So when I am on computer working I get sucked into it and dont like to stop even to eat etc.

I have discovered that fast food is the answer.

even better...get on phone and order food delivered !

but other than that I've discovered you can enhance frozen food TV dinner things or soups...pretty quick and is really good...

1) get stouffers (sp?) fetticinii alfredo...nuke...( 2 min ? ) and add can of tuna ( mix it in..) yum...instant tuna casserole !

2) get progressive new engl clam chowder.. heat up... add can of chopped or minced clams...heat a min longer....way better !

( add red pepper or whatever ).

whats YOUR secret editing fast food solutions ???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 10, 2011 1:52 PM   in reply to able123

Eating, while at the computer can be an issue. Many foods, such as fried chicken (crumbs get between keys and grease really messes up the keyboard), BBQ (same issue on keys), large po-boys (require two hands, and drip mayo on computer), same for most Mexican "finger food" - just too messy, and crumbly.

I think that editors require some special considerations, like astronauts. Maybe take your Stouffer's, add tuna, then run through blender on Liquify. Place in container, that can be pressurized, with a straw, and then let the pressure force the liquid into one's mouth? Heck, one could even go "two-course" and use one of those "beer hats," that you see at Mardi Gras, or football games.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 10, 2011 8:17 PM   in reply to able123

Yes, that is the idea.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2011 9:36 AM   in reply to able123

Yes, those Broncos could certainly be termed "the Cardiac Kids!"

As I could not get their game on my cable, wife relayed the play-by-play from some sports bar in an airport, until the final kick in OT.

Go Broncos!

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2011 9:58 AM   in reply to able123

I spent much of that time, with the Cards, and another exciting game. All updates for the Broncos, indicated that they were going to loose - until the very, very end.

I am almost glad that I do not have Direct TV, with full NFL coverage. Do not think that my heart could have taken it w/ 2 PiP's going on. Heck, I would probably have declared "serious Wine-Thirty" early!

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2011 10:10 AM   in reply to able123

As for lauding the win onto the team, that was one of John Elway's greatest attributes. Though I have issues with some things in his life, like with his ex-wife Janet, he always took full responsibility for each loss. I cannot recall him ever pointing to a coach, or to any other teammates, when they lost. Yet, with every win, he always pointed to his offensive line, his receivers, his running backs, and then to the defensive team, for putting him in a position to win. He even handed out bonuses to his offensive linemen, from his own banking account, when they gave him enough time to drive down the field for one of those last-minute, come-from-behind wins.

I do not know Tim Tebow, and only get to see some of the networks' sports programs, on him, but he seems to be of about the same mindset, as Elway was. Too bad that most of the coverage paints him in what I see, as a negative light. Much of the press still looks upon him as a loser, and it almost seems that they want him to fail. Maybe I am wrong, and only see the negative reports? When in Denver a few mos. ago, Woody Paige, IIRC, did a good piece on Tebow, but started out with myriad headlines, that were all negative. After about 25 of those, he pointed out that they were actually been written a generation before, and were reflecting the press' feelings about a young John Elway. Another sports writer did similar, but the headlines cited were about Roger Staubach, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Bart Starr, Bret Favre and even Johnny Unitis (Johnny Unite - Us).

Hope that Tebow rewrites some of the record books, and that the Broncos benefit from his heart and abilities.

Go Broncos!

Hunt

BTW - How about them Saints?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2011 8:29 AM   in reply to able123

Gut feeling is that it will be Greenbay and ?

I have missed so much football this year, that while I get the final scores, I have not seen too much actual play. While scores DO play a major role (obviously), how a team got those scores, would be useful in knowing what their chances are in post-season play. Also, much will likely depend on who each team faces - some do better against certain teams, than they do against others.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 13, 2011 8:32 AM   in reply to able123

You know, when Text explodes, cleaning the monitor and keyboard can be very time-consuming. Do not let it dry, or you'll NEVER get it off!!!!!

Enjoy them chops,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2012 6:27 PM   in reply to able123

I am a BIG fan of Tawny Port, when the weather is a bit cooler. Normally, with any food items, I reach for the Tawny, but for our arrival back home on NYE, did pop a nice Vintage Port, and even had a glass with wife's pecan pie (normally, I open a Porto Barros 20 Year Tawny, because of the nice "pecan" notes).

When it really heats up down here, I tend to do far fewer Ports, or even really big reds - I am usually reaching for a Sauvignon Blanc, or maybe a crisp Albariño (several allowed spellings, depending on within which country the grapes grew).

As for the '08 Bordeaux, I would hold for a bit. Personally, and from my tastings, I think they have more to offer, though compared to many vintages of Bdx., will not last for the decades. Because of the ageability of many Bdx. wines, I am just not buying them, as I will likely not live long enough to fully enjoy them, plus I have plenty of older Bdx. in my cellar, so they could well last my lifetime?

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to able123

When I think about hairy crabs ( arms and chests ) I think about peter sellers for some odd reason....

I thought about Robin Williams!

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 5:00 PM   in reply to able123

We were sitting at lunch at the Four Seasons Maui a few years ago. Just as I was about to dive into my fish dish, a gentleman walked past, on his way to the private beach. He was only slightly overweight, but had a mat of long black hair on his back. I'd guess that it was 4" long, and so thick that one could NOT see any skin. I was known as "the werewold," but with blondish-reddish hair, look mild, compared to that gentleman. I have never observed anyone, with so much hair. Lost my appetite instantly. Now, if my hair was black, I might have had the same influence on others too, and especially if they were about to chow-down!

Bon appetite!!!!

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 5:03 PM   in reply to able123

For #1 - Bogus!

For #2 - Double Bogus!

There was an experiment run at the University of Colorado, and their findings indicated that man can only live on Coors Lite (only) for about 4 days. Hope those hamburgers defrost!!!!!!

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2012 1:56 PM   in reply to able123

I found that simply not eating really was a lousy approach while editing.

So I seem to have settled on my current staples of avocado and sliced tomato sandwiches on a French roll, which I can prepare in just a few minutes.

Very filling, cheep and it seems to work for me....

Matt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2012 11:40 AM   in reply to able123

You know, I have been thinking about food in the edit-suite. Almost anything can drop crumbs on the keyboard, smear grease onto the mouse, etc..

Now, I think that the "answer" is right there, on many college campuses, and in sprots venues everywhere. The "beer hat!"

beer_hat_01.jpg

Just put all of your intended food (maybe a pork chop, sans bone, some fried chicken, creamed spinich, bing cherries, a chocolate bar, some potato chips, a small bag of Yoodles, some half-and-half, a power bar, a can of Red Bull, and anything else you have handy) into a processor, turn it to the Liquify setting for a bit, until you have a thin broth, adding liquid (beer?), as needed. Then, fill the containers on the hat with that mixture, place the beer hat on your head, and insert the straw(s) into your mouth. Sip as desired.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2012 12:06 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Whoa.

Not only is this incredibly useful, but the design is so elegant!  Chic......

Matt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points