Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Server Slow to start/load

Jan 02, 2012 Jan 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I upgraded from CF8 Dev to CF9 Dev edition a few months ago. I haven't coded much since then, but have noticed that when I open CF Admin, it doesn't seem to want to load. When I click stop on the browser and then reload, it opens fine. I have a desktop shortcut to a little password manager I use and the same thing happens when I try to open it as well. This was never an issue with CF8.

Anyone have any idead why this issue would be occuring? Not sure which information from my server configuration is needed, but I'll be glad to post any info needed. Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2012 Jan 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure I didnt provide enough information, and will do so upon request. Any ideas??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried other browsers? Are you using the built-in web server or an external one? What OS are you using? What browser are you using? Etc, etc, etc.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply. Yes I've tried IE, Chrome and FF. Its the built in server on windows 7 64bit. I just opened a page via localhost and its loading fine, but I think its because its a cached version. I'm going to reboot and clear my browsing history and try again. This has not happened just recently, causing me to post this thread. As I think I said, its happened I think since I installed CF9 a few months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see a difference between using the name "localhost" and the IPv4 localhost address (127.0.0.1)? Do you have IPv6 enabled? If so, and you're not using it, can you disable it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Let me clarify something first. Built in server, by that I mean Im using the CF server to browser localhost. I have IIS disabled completely.

Now I just disabled IPv6 in my network connections. Also, I just rebooted and while my destop shortcut to my password manager page loads fine, I just opened CF server admin http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm and it would not load until I stopped the browser and reloaded it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the URL in your desktop shortcut, that is, how does it differ from what you use to access the CF Administrator - is the difference just in the path? What happens if you try to fetch a static page via CF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The desktop shortcut to my local password manager is

http://localhost:8500/passwordManager/index.cfm

I tried loading a static html page and a .cfm page from DW's preview in browser feature. Both pages I had to stop then refresh to get them to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using "localhost" in one place and 127.0.0.1 in the other?

If you see the same behavior with static pages, this is probably a client-side networking problem. You might try disabling your local firewall temporarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I always use localhost:8500. Ok so I turned Home and Work Windows Firewall off. I'll see how that goes.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so I've had my firewall disabled since yesterday and have tested this issue many times since then at home and work. Im still having trouble. When I open CF admin page, I have to still stop it from loading and then refresh the browser and then it loads.

Anymore ideas? Thanks for the help so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

teedoffnewbie wrote:

Dave,

Let me clarify something first. Built in server, by that I mean Im using the CF server to browser localhost. I have IIS disabled completely.

Now I just disabled IPv6 in my network connections. Also, I just rebooted and while my destop shortcut to my password manager page loads fine, I just opened CF server admin http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm and it would not load until I stopped the browser and reloaded it again.

I understand that, when you open the URL in the browser, it would not load. When you say you 'stopped the browser', what exactly did you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2012 Jan 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click the "x" in the browser URL address window. Then click the refresh icon beside the "x" or even close it and reopen it and it loads fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I went away, and had in fact yet to give my suggestion. The behaviour sounds like what you would expect when classloaders get involved at the start of a request. But then again, you're dealing with ColdFusion's own system files. This suggests to me that you should upgrade to 9.0.1 and apply the latest cumulative hot fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AAggggggg lol Ok I downloaded the cf 9 upgrade and installed the cumulative hotfix 2, obviously did something wrong since now I cant open CF admin. The server still seems to be running since I can open a local cfm template.

Guess I'll restore the files I backed up during the hotfix one by one till I get the admin back. I'm seriously thinking about going back to CF8!! never had an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I'm gonna try this one more time. Last night I uninstalled CF9, then reinstalled CF9. Both developer editions 32bit. Checked it this morning and still having trouble with the CF admin page loading. Again I have to click the "x" button, then click the refresh button for it to load. Seems like when its a cached version it loads fine.

Looks like adobe would include the updated version of CF9 WITH any bug fixes in a new download, but no the version I just downloaded last night was still version 9.0.0. So I think I'll update it again, and this time when installing the hotfixes, I'll do it one step at a time, then check to see if the admin page still opens at all. Meaning, there are two separate zipped files to download, but you basically replace three separate folders in your CF server.

If anyone else has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. I"m really getting frustrated! lol And on top of that, I have a new drill down ajax menu to work on but want to get this resolved first! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's sounding more and more curious. My instincts tell me it's a third-party application having this effect on ColdFusion.

Now, a suggestion similar to Dave's firewall idea: is ColdFusion behind a proxy server? Could Dreamweaver be holding up the requests? Is there anyway to remove Dreamweaver from the equation, even if only temporarily?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BKBK,

Hi thanks for the help. To clarify, the password manager I have yes was all created in DW, but the page is a desktop shortcut and as such is not opened using DW's browser tool. I simply open it from my desktop.

Again, I have my windows firewall completely turned off, but something to mention is I am running AVG 2011 free antivirus software. I've never had any trouble with this program before, but to test it I think I might turn it off and see if this helps with loading the cf admin page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK....I turned off AVG completely when I got home and then tried to open the password.cfm page again from my desktop shortcut. It didn't want to load again, so I clicked "x' and then refresh and it loaded. This is really getting frustrating! I installed the CF9 update earlier today, but haven't tried to reinstall the patches yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any other ideas? I'm still having trouble with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so I tried installing the hotfix and now my CF admin page doesn;t open at all!

http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

throws an HTTP 500 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2012 Jan 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What web server do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the built in server in the CF installation.

My CF templates still load, although with the same initial problem. I have to stop the browser then click refresh and it loads, but my CF admin page throws the http 500 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the server log say? Could you possibly upload the most recent log entries to the forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation