Skip navigation
okizen
Currently Being Moderated

Correctly numbering chapter points

Jan 2, 2012 3:01 AM

How do I get chapters to be numbered automatically on a chapter menu with several pages? When I create the chapter menus they will number correctly for the first page only but on the next menu page they start again at chapter 1. Any help appreciated. Thanx

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2012 9:27 AM   in reply to okizen

Are you using multipage in BD or chapter index in DVD?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2012 11:12 AM   in reply to okizen

Hi, when I was learning this, I googled and found this video that explains it all. Follow EVERY step exactly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgi-fi_o2CQ

My advice is this; create your template menu (the one that will be referenced and used when you hit "create chapter index") exactly as you want it to behave. Make sure your buttons are lined up and have the correct navigation. make sure they are the right font, color etc. make sure you have a Main, Previous, and Next button with the navigation you want.  Then and only then execute "create chapter index".

and, as others pointed out "create multi page chapter index" is blu ray ONLY.

good luck!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2012 2:14 PM   in reply to okizen

The "button numbers" on a menu don't correspond with the "chapter numbers" in a timeline.  This is normal.

In other words, every menu page will always start with a number 1 button.  You can't make them start at another number.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2012 8:55 AM   in reply to okizen

you are totally welcome!

I found that video just googling around. Next time you have a problem, just google for it and you will be surprised at the amount of info there is posted on these products!

good luck!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points