• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash videos freeze randomly?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically when I watch a Youtube video, it will often freeze and those spinning circles will appear, despite it being loaded to a point beyond that. It does this every 5 minutes are so and for this reason Youtube is basically unusable.

I have the latest version of Flash player, made the allowed storage for Youtube unlimited in Flash settings, cleared my cache, downgraded Flash, toggled hardware acceleration, cleaned my registry, tried using the non-built in version of Flash in Chrome,used Revo to uninstall Flash, restarted my PC numerous times in between trying different steps. Nothing seems to work. No matter what I seem to do I still get these spinning circles appearing. I can get the video to work again by right-clicking on the video and going to 'Stop Download' and then clicking play again, but then it only lasts another short period of time before the circles appear again.

It's not my internet speed, it's not my computer processing speed or anything like that. I also don't have any firewalls installed, I've even tried turning off my routers firewall to no avail.

This problem happens with any Flash video, it will always randomly stop downloading, and won't play again until I refresh the video or in some cases click ahead in the video.

Download speed: Approx 5.5meg

Flash version is 11,1,102,55

Browser: Google Chrome 16.0.912.63, but same issue applies to all browsers. (So far tried IE9 and Firefox too)

Windows 7 64bit

Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz Quad-core processor

AMD Radeon 6870 Graphics card

8GB RAM

1TB Hard drive

If anyone has any other suggestions that would be great, as this is really driving me crazy.

Cheers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash player in Google Chrome is embedded rather than a plugin as in all other browsers. Therefore it cannot be uninstalled, or downgraded and will behave differently than a plugin.

In the first instance, you need to check the "Known Issues" which affect the browser at this location: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_issues.cs

If none of the issues relates to your own, then post your question in their Help forum, link near the foot of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xircal wrote:

The Flash player in Google Chrome is embedded rather than a plugin as in all other browsers. Therefore it cannot be uninstalled, or downgraded and will behave differently than a plugin.

In the first instance, you need to check the "Known Issues" which affect the browser at this location: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_issues .cs

If none of the issues relates to your own, then post your question in their Help forum, link near the foot of the page.

I've got the same issue on all browsers though, and the problem still occurs in Chrome even when I don't use the built in Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else have any ideas? I can't watch any videos on my PC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 13, 2012 Mar 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.youtube.com/html5

Go to this site, join the HTML5 trial.  View youtube videos in HTML5 and see if you still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2012 Apr 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I have now been on the HTML5 trial for a while and I am getting no issues with that. But it's still really annoying because 99% of online videos are Flash videos and so I can't really watch any movies/youtube vids/anything online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines