• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF data source timed out

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Win 2008 64  bit server with CF9 32 bit.  I have 2 ODBC socket data sources that were working just fine.  A change of a static IP address of one of the 2 remote networks caused me to change the IP address of the TelemateSC data source. I used the Windows ODBC data source administrator to change it.  Using CF admin to verify the data source gets a time out error.  The other data source, TelemateTulsa, still works just fine.  The TelemateSC data source tests fine in Windows ODBC data source admin but not under CF. I changed the TelemateSC data source IP address to use the same one as the TelemateTulsa data source and it still times out under CF.

TOPICS
Database access

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first suggestion would be to use CF9 64 bit. We had all sorts of issues with the 32 bit version including various freezes and timeouts that we think were caused by inadequate or poorly implemented memory management. A simple query returning more than 4Mb of data will freeze the service. My guess is that this was not a CF issue, but a Java issue. But since CF9 runs under Java, CF gets the black eye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not something we are going to do right away.  We tried CF9 64 bit initially but had so much trouble we backed off.  This server has been running for some time now.  The 2 data sources were fine until I had to change the IP address of one of them.   The native MS SQL driver in CF 9 doesn't seem to work either.  It tells me it can't be found or is not running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been told that it's better to use a resolvable name for the host address instead of an IP address because CF or Java attempts some sort of reverse lookup to determine the host name. But I'm not totally convinced this is true because we use IP addresses exclusively and have not had any issues. You might try using a host name instead, even if it's a local host name only on the CF server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to get any new CF data source to connect/verify no matter what combination I try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/746547  

I removed the sqql server instance name and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation