Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting adobe activation error: 256

Dec 23, 2011 Dec 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded overdrive on to my iPad and I'm getting this error when I that to authorize .

Any help would be wonderful !!!!

Thanks

Holly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 10, 2012 Mar 10, 2012

Some of our web services did experience difficulties for a few hours yesterday.  The issue was quickly resolved though.  Are you still experiencing problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, anyone have ny solutions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Was trying to get read public library ePub books. Got same error when registering with adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our activation server is temparily unavailable.  I would recommend trying again in a couple of hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2012 Jan 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error today on my IPhone. Looks like it's been more then a couple hours (since 12/23) has anyone found a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you  need to repost in the Digital Editons forum. What I can add to the discussion is that I was able to activate Overdrive on my iPhone last night after 10 PM EST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation server is back up so the error 256 would seem to be related to something else.  As Michael mentioned I would recommend you post your inquiry to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2012 Mar 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's doing this same thing today for my iPod Touch.

Is this a common problem with Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2012 Mar 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of our web services did experience difficulties for a few hours yesterday.  The issue was quickly resolved though.  Are you still experiencing problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2012 Mar 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked now- thank you. I gave up yesterday!

Much appreciated.

RG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2012 Apr 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting the error message. I posted on the digital forums and no one has replied. Is there a help / support number to call?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when this happened to me, they said it was because their server was down and that all i needed to do was wait

until they fixed it.  It took about 1 day to get it fixed.  Just keep trying to get authorized about every hour or so until

they fix the server.

Holly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Holly!

I'll keep trying. It's been 3 days since I've had this issue, so I hope they can fix it soon.

Cheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had another outage yesterday during the morning PDT.  You can always review the Digital Editions support portal at http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions.html as well as contact support at http://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/supportinfo/.  To determine if there is currently an outage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still having problems? I am getting the same error 256 today.  I'll keep trying but I cannot even go to www.adobe.com, is that unusual?

Thanks,

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the activation server is available today.  If you are still experiencing difficulties I would recommend either contacting support from the link above or post your specific difficulties in the Adobe Digital Editions forum - http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_digital_editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did post over in the link you gave but there has been no reply yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I'll try the other forum since I cannot access the help link.  How often does adobe employers look at those questions? Someone posted 2 days ago with the same issue and it has not been answered.

Thanks,

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still getting the error 256. I did a live chat but they don't do the support. I had to create a support case & submit. I am on Adobe.com on both my iPad & my computer so I am not having problems there.  Are you getting the error on your iPad in Overdrive while trying to authorize Adobe so you can download books?

Cheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am, overdrive worked very well until a few days ago.  I cannot even open adobe.com from my iPad or another computer it says something about the server is not responding. I'm not sure if that is a problem on my end or adobe.

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried unplugging your router for 5 seconds or more to disable your Internet then plug back in and try to see if you can access the server. Sometimes that helps me when I have Internet issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try that and no luck, I am able to visit any other websites just not adobe.com. Any other suggestions?

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you aren't able to access Adobe.com on two different devices utilizing the same ISP.  I would recommend contacting your ISP.  Is your router also your cable modem?  Even then failures as specific as not being able to access a particular site will either be within your router settings or something on your Internet Service Providers end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Router and modem are different, I will give our provider a call and let you know.

Thanks,

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet provider says everything is working properly. At one point today I was able to access adobe cache page from yesterday afternoon on a desktop in our house. Any other suggestions?

All your time and effort is greatly appreciated.

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines