• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac OS X Acrobat 8 Pro - Cannot attach PDF file to new email message

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When clicking on the"attach PDF file to a new email message" button, or by selecting "attach to email" from the File Menu; the following error is received:

"An error occurred while trying to create a mail document. Acrobat is unable to complete your request."

I have checked, and Entourage is set as the default mail client, and is functioning correctly.

I thought that the default mail client not being set would cause this problem, and setting it would correct it, but that is not the case. There doesn't appear to be any "email" settings in Acrobat, unless I missed something.

This problem has been present almost as long as CS3 has been installed.

Acrobat 8 Professional is up to date at 8.2.2

Entourage 2008 is up to date at 12.2.4, and is configured for use with Exchange.

Mac OS X Snow Leopard is up to date at 10.6.3.

Any help would be greatly appriciated. I have fixed this problem before, but cannot find my notes on the fix. If I figure it out, I will update this thread with the solution. Searching Google for "mac acrobat cannot attach pdf to new email message", "An error occurred while trying to create a mail document. Acrobat is  unable to complete your request." (or anything of the like), or "mac cannot email from acrobat", etc, etc, etc, just leads to a world of unhelpful information...which is why I am creating this post.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also trying to find a solution to this problem. When setting up a shared review in Acrobat Pro 9, it won't send out the e-mail with PDF attachment. I get the same message: "An error occurred while trying to create a mail document. Acrobat is unable to complete your request." It does create the _Review PDF and I can send it manually, but it's a little more convenient to have Acrobat generate the e-mail.

I'm using Entourage for an e-mail client. I have gone into Mail and made sure Entourage was the default e-mail program, as some have suggested in the forums. All programs should be up to date, and just updated to OS X 10.6.4.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIGURED IT OUT - I had to open "Mail", setup my exchange account and re-designate Entourage as my email client.  Worked after that.  This was with CS5 and snow leopard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2011 Jan 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the safe issue now in Pro X - it will not send directly from the app either for review or collab live. I do not hvae Entourage - I use Outlook for Mac running on 10.6.6

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the Outlook version on your Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new one - Office 2011. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outlook in 2011 is designated out of the box as version 14.0.

Technically it version 1.0 as Mac's haven't used Outlook in about 10 years.  It was introduced 10 years ago but was just a shadow of what PC outlook was. Then they switched to Entourage. This year They dumped Entourage and started over with  a direct port of the Office 2010 version of Outlook with some limitations (as is the usual with any Mac Applications, Mac applications are never direct parity of PC applications.) the latest update  for Office 14.0.2 you must update to 14.0.1 first the 14.0.2. The first Serice Pack (14.1) is due out some time around second quarter(Spring).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Office 2011 is an unsupported version. This may be fixed in a future patch release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe Acrobat still not supporting Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac? Can you say anything about when it will? I'm a bit surprised it doesn't, since Outlook 2011 has been out for quite a while now..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know have this working properly using Mac Mail and Adobe X - really does not like Outlook 2011.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2012 Jan 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still looking for a solution to this problem and are an Outlook user, there is still no joy.  I'm at verion 14.1.4 and am getting the same error message.  Once again the big software companies are guarding their turf and users are stuck in the middle. 

As the great American philosopher says...DOH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - not holding my breath.  But, it cannot be that hard...can it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know, I'm a photographer not a programmer.  First you have to know how to do it.  Then you have to care enough to do it.  Bitter?  a tad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines