Skip navigation
briancairns
Currently Being Moderated

Acrobat 10.1.1 crashes in Mac OS 10.7.2

Dec 3, 2011 11:04 AM

When I try to launch Acrobat 10.1.1. (X) in mac os 10.7.2 it launches the opening dialogue window with options to shoose what type of project/file I want then seems to close the window and app with no dialogue or error message.

Brand new macbook pro 2.4Ghz. Can not think of any possible issue other than possibly Suitcase Fusion 3 butting in but I still have Acrobat 9.0 on my system and this seems to work fine with no issue.

Any help email briancairnsstudio(at)gmail.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2012 11:08 PM   in reply to briancairns

I am having the exact same problem.   Acrobat 10.1.1 and Mac OS 10.7.2 .   Acrobat opens for about 10 seconds then shuts down with a lengthy error message.  Have you gotten any answers?  Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Calculating status...
    Jan 5, 2012 10:05 PM   in reply to ComputersSaveTime?

I have same problem! Why is there no discussion on this?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to briancairns

I m having the same issue. Anyone got a solution??

Thank You So Much.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2012 3:48 PM   in reply to Happybigham1985

I "chatted" with an Adobe representative last night about getting my purchase money back, but he only gave me a tech support number on the Adobe website.  I have not had enough time today to call them.   Does Adobe monitor its Forums?   I don't think so from past history.   These things seem to be "placebo" forums for spleen venting.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2012 8:40 AM   in reply to ComputersSaveTime?

So have you got a solution yet? Thank You

I start having problem to viewing my design work.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2012 8:47 PM   in reply to briancairns

On Monday am, 9 Jan I will try to get with Adobe Tech support.    During the run around I learned that you should have the following availble for the various Acrobat people:

Your serial number

Your Order Number

(Both are available on the Adobe web site where you registered and activated your program)

Your Mac OS  Version  (Hit the Apple in upper left, click on "About This Mac")   My OS is 10.7.2

The Adobe version.  In the few seconds you have you can get this from "help" then About.  My version is 10.1.1

I have copied all of the above info along with the long error message into a text message all ready for the tech guy when I reach one.

When I learn what to do,  will let everyone know.

--

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2012 5:43 PM   in reply to ComputersSaveTime?

Ok.... I just finished with Adobe over the phone regarding this issue.  Together we unistalled all older versions of Acrobat Pro from the machine.  Deleted all folders for versions of Acrobat in the application folder. Then and only then we reinstalled X. It's working perfectly now.  Good Luck to all.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2012 11:56 AM   in reply to Jeff.Raby

I tried to uninstall previous versions using Acrobat Uninstaller, and it says that the products can't be uninstalled! "Application selected was not a valid Acrobat application for this uninstaller."  I was using the uninstaller that came with each version, and I tried the one with Acrobat X.

Any suggestions on how to uninstall? I do have 3 or 4 previous versions on my computer (Mac running OS 10.7.2)?

This is very frustrating, as I have been using Acrobat X since September without any problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2012 12:37 PM   in reply to KRDEC

Not sure what to say.  I originally had the same issue, and needed to make sure that I was using the uninstaller that came with the version of Acrobat Pro that I was uninstalling. But I only had 9.0 installed and not older versions.

There maybe preferences that need to be deleted as well. In the Application Support > Adobe Folder.

I will say that when I called, Adobe was very patience with me and walked though the uninstalls and reinstalling.

Sorry I can't be more help.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2012 1:03 PM   in reply to Jeff.Raby

Thanks.  I tried 3 different uninstallers, and could not get any to work on the earlier versions. The X version did uninstall Acrobat X, though. I tried several reinstalls. Each time, the install works, lets me enter my license, then Acrobat shuts down after a minute or two.

I've got an academic license, so it looks like I'd have to pay a fee to get Adobe tech support.  I'm irritated with the whole thing!

My version 9 still works, so maybe I'll just go back to that one, at least for now. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points