Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

No Flash Audio

Jan 6, 2012 1:58 PM

Tags: #audio #no_audio #audio_problems #missing_audio #audio_output

Hello,

I have zero flash audio on all software. I am sure this issue is seen quite a bit. But I can assure you, I have scoured the internet for weeks and tried every single solution I have come across. I still have yet to resolve it. The closest guess I can make, is there is a corrupted file somewhere (i have replaced the ones i know of) that is causing this.

I can tell you it is not a browser issue, as I have a .swf on my desktop that also has zero audio when opened. I have tried the registry fix, using CCleaner, reinstalling audio drivers, trying a completely different audio device, reinstalling flash completely from both Windows and Chrome/Firefox/IE, etc....

Here are some specs:

Windows XP SP 3

Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+

Turtle Beach RIVIERA 5.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card (C-Media CMI8739 Codec)

Is there a listing somewhere that lists files Adobe flash uses for playback? Perhaps the installer is not overwriting them. Any help is appreciated.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2012 4:56 PM   in reply to banditzzz

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2012 12:11 AM   in reply to banditzzz

Re-reading your original post I realize that you have no sound at all, not only in Flash Player - correct?

Check if sound is muted in the sound control console.

Check if your computer has a hardware volume control.

Or maybe something has become loose inside the computer?

These are all ideas from checking old no-audio posts.

|
    Mark as:
  • Xircal
    753 posts
    Mar 29, 2011
    Jan 8, 2012 3:09 AM   in reply to banditzzz

Go to Start, then Run, type: DXDIAG and click OK. Then run all the tests to check for problems.

Use Gspot (v2.70a) to check the .swf file to determine any issues with it. It's a standalone app which means you don't have to install it. Download from here: http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/index.htm

Click the button at the top shown by the arrow in the first screenshot and then navigate to the file location. In the next screenshot, click the button (#1) shown at the bottom to get an analysis. Then click button #2 which appears underneath to see if the file with play. You can also hover the mouse over the results in the analysis to get more info.

gspot.PNG

gspot2.PNG

gspot3.PNG

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2012 10:04 PM   in reply to banditzzz

Do not worry Banditzz, I am having exactly the same problem right now, it just struck me last night.

I have searched high and low for a solution to this problem without success.  Have you found others with this problem?

I have a friend that should be helping me this monday, Ill post here if i find a solution.

|
    Mark as:
  • Chris Campbell
    9,456 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Apr 5, 2012 10:31 AM   in reply to banditzzz

Could one of you guys (or both) open a new bug on this over at bugbase.adobe.com?  Please include a copy of your dxdiag report, browser/flash player versions, and an approximate time when this started occurring.  I'd also recommend adding a link to this thread in the bug report and posting back here with the bug's url.

Thanks,

Chris

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points