Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is HTML5 Pack compatible with Adobe Illustrator v 15.1.0?

Aug 24, 2011 5:29 PM

I just got the latest CS5.5 Web Premium.

It has Adobe Illustrator version 15.1.0 (not 15.0.1)

I need to create multiple art boards and export each as SVG.

I have Win7/64bit.

Considering all the install issues other users are suffering, and I am having a good share already, is it safe to install the HTML5 pack?

Is it even necessary?

Bonus Question:

How do I export each artboard as SVG?

The only video I found said to choose export > Save as type: SVG and select [x] Use Artboards.

But there is no option for Save as type: SVG

In case it could have been changed in my version I looked into Save As > Save as type: SVG

But the checkbox for "Use Artboards" is disabled.

I hope installing the HTML5 pack will enable these options but my level of confidence is faltering.

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 28, 2011 4:54 PM   in reply to tom.alberts

I'm going to "bump" this post because I, too, would like to know if the HTML 5 pack is compatible with AI CS 5.1. I don't know the level of activity/traffic in this particular sub-forum so the question may need to be repeated in the main Illustrator forum.

The SVG and Canvas formats are going to be more important in web design/development as support for HTML5 improves. SVG and Canvas can improve the look of web page designs and possibly even make the design process a little easier.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2011 5:17 PM   in reply to Bob the Sign Guy

The latest version of the HTML5 Pack for Illustrator (preview 2) is indeed compatible with Illustrator CS5.1.

As for exporting individual SVG files for each artboard in your file, it's pretty simple:

1. Choose File > Save As and choose SVG as the File Format.

2. Check the box marked "Use Artboards"

3. Specify which artboards you want to export (or export them all).

4. Click Save.

Illustrator can generate an HTML Preview file so that you can preview all of the separate SVG files (a popup will let you choose). A single CSS file is also generated.

Mordy

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2012 11:51 AM   in reply to tom.alberts

I have the design Premium version of CS5.5.

When i began to install the pack files according to instructions in the various folders i noticed that ALL the files where already present and accounted for in the standard in stall!

So the next question is why isn't any of the functionality available?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2012 7:50 PM   in reply to Point-Online

Most of the HTML5 pack files are named the same, but they more functions than the stock files in Illustrator CS5.1.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2012 4:44 PM   in reply to Mordy Golding

Mordy,

I have Illustrator 5.1.0 and i'm stuck on following instructions on how to install the html5 pack.

I bought the CS5.5 Master collection and not even sure how to get to the Illustrator installer files.

Is it necessary to follow all those instructions, since i have 5.1.0? Can I just go ahead and install without backing up those installer files?

And if i do need to back up the installer files, could you point me to some detailed instructions for finding out how to get to the installer files?

Thanks so much. By the way, i love your instructional videos. You are much easier to follow than most other instructors!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2012 8:36 PM   in reply to ever so frustrated

Thanks for the kind words - just trying to help

You should follow the instructions -- that way you can always go back to your original installation in case you need to for any reason. But I think you are misunderstanding the instructions. You don't need the "installer" files (although the instructions are misleading because it says the word install). The files are all located in the Illustrator application folder (like where the plugin folder is, etc).

Mordy

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2012 9:05 PM   in reply to ever so frustrated

Yeah, all that's going on with the "install" is copying the files in the HTML5 pack into the appropriate folders. It's a good idea to back-up the files that will be replaced by the HTML5 pack files just in case. To make matters a little more confusing the HTML5 pack files (if I recall correctly) are older than the ones that are installed in a CS 5.5 installation.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2012 3:36 AM   in reply to Bob the Sign Guy

I have version 15.0.2 of illustrator and tried to add the SVG functionality by following the install instructions. I pretty handy with computers and this sort of installations are not normally an issue yet something went wrong when i tried to add the files to my version of illustrator.

Before I carried out the functionality upgrade I copied  — the to replace files — to another location so i could uninstall later if it didn't work out.

It didn't work out; either I copied the files incorrectly — which i strongly doubt — or the SVG upgrade files are not compatible with my version of illustrator, because Illustrator kept on crashing when starting up. I couldn't even go back to how it was because after returing teh correct files to their rightful place it still didn't work.

I had to reinstall illustrator again.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2012 9:17 AM   in reply to Mordy Golding

Thanks!

Yes, I was misled by the "installer" in the instructions.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2012 3:06 PM   in reply to tom.alberts

Will the files generated be able to open in Dreamweaver CS4?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2012 3:20 PM   in reply to Point-Online

I did the same, I meticulously followed directions here and on the main page for downloading the files and everytime I loaded Illustrator there were a plethora of error messages. I couldn't export an SVG afterwards so I ended up tossing the affected folders and re-instated my backups. I have CS5 and I updated to 15.0.2 and it still didn't work.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points