• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera on iPhone very unstable

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am reporting this again because previous attempts seem to be going unanswered - maybe because the original question is marked as answered - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4118674#4118674 . However, the answer does not help at all.

I have spent days on this but no success in terms of stability no matter what I try. It is blocking a decision to use AIR for our flex mobile development because one of the key needs is barcode scanning from camera.

Can someone from Adobe please give an update on this one - stable access to Camera is a pretty basic need for a large class of mobile applications. My research seems to show that lots of people are having issues and some even recommended other platforms so bad was the problem. I'm starting to feel like this guy! - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945089?tstart=0

In frustration over the weekend I tried Titanium and was up and scanning in a day! We really want to stick with Air / Flex on this due to a significant investment in flex for our web backend - however we are beginning to feel nervous about making a commitment.

Really hoping we get something here on this - really want to make this work!

Sean

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I understand that this bug is a major blocker for the developers using CameraUI API. We are able to reproduce this issue and have fixed a few crashers in the internal builds. Unfortunately, I cannot commit when the fix will make it to a release, but it should be soon.

To help us see if it is the same bug or not, could you send me the crashlog at sanika@adobe.com?

Thanks,

Sanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"We are able to reproduce this issue and have fixed a few crashers in the internal builds. "

Do any of these items have methods to get around them, even if not best case, from the current build release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2012 Feb 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Do any of these items have methods to get around them, even if not best case, from the current build release?" THIS PLEASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines