Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flex2gateway and URL rewrites

Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is a CF problem, Flex problem, or Apache server problem? Or maybe none of them? But how does one work around the issue of URL rewrites and flex2gateway path problems? My company allows users to login to the corporate network from outside the office and when they do all URLs are rewritten. HTML links work fine but flex apps cannot connect to the flash remoting to coldfusion. A network guy said he enabled a flash setting on the server but it hasn't solved the problem. Any one have any ideas on this one?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use RewriteCond to check that the URL is one that you want to rewrite before you actually do the rewrite.

For example, here is a rewrite rule I use.

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(^/flex2gateway|^/flashservices|^/CFIDE)($|/)

RewriteRule ^([a-zA-Z0-9\/\-\%:\[\]\{\}\|\;\<\>\?\,\*\!\@\#\$\ \(\)\^_`~]*)$ /index.cfm?furl=$1 [L,PT,QSA]

The RewriteCond checks that the URL does not /flex2gateway /flashservices or /CFIDE before rewriting the URL.  Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2012 Feb 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do i add this condition? Apache or CF services-config.xml?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but b/c it is the corporate server rewriting all URLs (separate from my App server) would a change on my Apache server settings even do anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, what are they being rewritten to?  Is it a predicatble pattern?  If so, you may be able to re-rewrite them.  So if your VPN rewrites them, (btw that should not be happening, so the real problem is w/ the VPN and it should really be fixed there, but thats a different conversation) can you have Apache "fix" them?

Just thinking out loud here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation