• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player needs to be installed each time I use the computer

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2012 Jan 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need it for work and is a ripe old pain. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition)
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition)
  • Specify your Flash Player version
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So 32 bit, windows 7 professional, ie9...think 32 bit, flash 11, each time the program is installed it dissapears on reboot. I have tried the full installation, removing Kaspersky, checking and changing security setting as recommended in similar posts and I am stuck for answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2012 Jan 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player 11.1 will not install.  Follow all directions - gets 1/2 way and stops, error says close internet explorer.  It was closed and still will not in stall.  Tried to install offline and get the same message.  Need Help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition) 
  • Specify your Flash Player version 
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important 
  • Please do not use existing topics to append questions that are entirely different from the original topic. When in doubt create a new topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BillG10 wrote:

Flash player 11.1 will not install.  Follow all directions - gets 1/2 way and stops, error says close internet explorer.  It was closed and still will not in stall.  Tried to install offline and get the same message.  Need Help with this.

Please start a new topic, as your problem is completely different from the one in this topic.

And when you do, please specify some details about your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as Baggy.   Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.55 has to be redownloaded each and every session. 

I run WIN7 Home Premium, Explorer 9 ver. 9.0.8112.16421 (64 bit).

Please find a fix - it's driving me bonkers.

Thank-you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reboot, what files do you have present in the following folders:

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalled this morning. It worked to view videos on reuters.com.  Turned off computer.

Turned computer on again in the evening.  True to form, discovered it is not working again, and that I would have to reinstall it.  But first, Checked System32 and SysWOW64 to see what files were there before doing a reinstall, and for comparisons’ sake.  Previous to reinstall they are as follows :

Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash files are:

Flash64_11_1_102.ocx

FlashInstall.log

FlashUtil64_11_1­­_102_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil64_11_1_1102_ActiveX.exe

Windows/SysWOW64/Macromed/Flash files are:

Flash11e.ocx

FlashInstall

FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil11e_ActiveX

Note:  I was right-clicking on each file name in the directory, then copying and pasting the file name into a new WORD document  to make the above lists.  This only worked with the System 32 files.  SysWOW64 files could not be cut and pasted because I got the message, “Word cannot obtain the data for Flash11e.ocx link”.  All the files in SysWOW64 had the same message.  Lazy me had to actually type out the SysWOW64 file names as opposed to copy and paste.   😉  Could "inability" to "obtain data" have something to do with the system being unable to retrieve the code to make it work???  I run 64 bit.(see my first post above).

REINSTALL:

• Reinstalled this evening from : http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
  • Confirmed that it is enabled in “manage add-ons” in the browser.
  • Confirmed that same files as listed above are unchanged after the reinstall.
  • Rebooted.
  • Confirmed that same files as listed above are unchanged after reinstall and reboot.
  • Confirmed it is enabled in “manage add-ons” in the browser.

Hope this helps, cuz really need a solution.  I’m pretty sure that once I turn my computer off this evening, and then next time I turn it on again, I’m going to have to reinstall Flash again. 

Thank-you.

curriebc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem on an HP Elitebook 8760W with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.  It behaves the same with IE 32 and 64 bit.  I have been re-installing Flash Player 11 several times per day and have given up on getting it to stay installed.  Have used the Adobe uninstaller, turned off Norton 360 during uninstall and reinstall.  Nothing works to make the Flash Player stay installed.

Files in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder:

• Flash64_11_1_102.ocx
  • FlashInstall.log
  • FlashUtil64_11_1_102_ActiveX.dll
  • FlashUtil64_11_1_102_Activex.exe

Files in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash folder:

• Flash11e.ocx
  • FlashInstall.log
  • FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.dll
  • FlashUtil11e_ActiveX.exe

Elton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have tried both of these suggestions many times with Enabling Flash Objects and turning off ActiveX Filtering.  It has never helped.  Ridiculously complicated and totally non-obvious solutions by Microsoft that no computer user should have to fight with!!

I have exhausted all suggestions I have read so far and the Flash Player still needs constand re-installation.  It works well for one time only!!  Next re-boot and somtimes sooner, I have to re-install it.  Very time consuming and wasteful!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Internet options, click Security tab, make sure the Internet security level is Medium-high.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done all the suggested tips.  Yes to: "medium high" securities in Internet Options, Enabled it in "manage add-ons", posted the files that are in the two system folders, and they seem to match (see previous posts).  Still does not stay put.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 17, 2012 Jan 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new administrator account.  Install Flash Player on that account.  Restart the computer and see if you have to reinstall Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2012 Jan 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did.

And it doesn't.

Guess what - same thing is now happening with my monthly Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 subscription. 

I have to redownload and install it every time I turn my computer on. This is beyond annoying and i really wish someone at Adobe would perkup here. 

I'm using both of these in my "administrator account" - of course, now I have two administrator accounts as I tried as Carle suggested above. 

The Start Menu icon for Adobe Dreamweavver has lost it's logo - it is just a blank "page", and when I double click the Dreamweaver application (.exe) file in the "Programs (X86)" folder I get a message that "Windows cannot access the specified device path or file.  You do not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".  Now, I realize this is different software, a second problem that should be posted as a new topic - but cannot help if this is not in some way related to my Adobe Flash problems since all my Flash files are there too, but simply do not execute.

Where should I be checking in my hardrive for this problem - it only happens with my Adobe software - and it seems to be something to do with execution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

curriebc >

Did.

And it doesn't.

If Flash Player does not have to be reinstalled on the new administrator account each time your restart your computer, this indicates that your first administrator account has become corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please stop posting the entire email notification text (including the headers with your email address) with each reply?  I am getting tired of deleting these from each of your posts.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl;

Thanks for your great suggestion. It should have worked of course as it does make perfect sense, but as you can see from my previous response, it has never helped.

Elton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Baggie,

Was this ever resolved? I'm seeing this on my Laptop. Windows XP. Internet Explorer 8 when I browse to a web-site that I'm developing for a client. Regardless of whether I quit out of the Flash Player Installation or Complete Flash Player Installation (Flash Player 11.7) I can see my site just fine. When I either refresh the site or reopen a new Internet Explorer Window and Nav to my URL then I get the Flash Player Install Popup again.

Interestingly, This problem only occurs with Internet Explorer. It does not occur with Firefox on the PC or MAC, nor with Safari on the MAC.

Because of this difference in results between browsers my guess is that is has something to do with publish setting in FLASH when I create the .HTML and .SWF files. But what do I know. I'm very new to publishing Flash on the web.

Any guidance and assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeffsMCC - I'd recommend running through the steps in this FAQ to rule out any permissions issue that might be occurring.

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI, Thanks for response. I've found a solution.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5437719#5437719

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines