• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 10 will not load

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just purchased Photoshop and Premiere Elements 10 from COSTCO. When I tried to install it Disc 1 does nothing.

Opened Windows Explorer and clicked on my DVD drive. All data on Disc 1 appeared. I double clicked on Autoplay. Nothing

I then opened the Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 file folder and double clicked on the 29620 kb Installer Package. Again, Nothing.

Any clues as to what is not working as it should be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system are you using?  Is there a DVD symbol on the front of your optical drive?  I might also recommend reviewing Install | Premiere Elements | Photoshop Elements | Windows | Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. With Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66 GHZ

Yes, there is a DVD symbol on the front of my optical drive.

I did read Install | Premiere Elements | Photoshop Elements | Windows | Mac OS.

Tried all recommendations. Still nothing.

When I try Windows Explorer Run, I get a message saying, "a device attached to the system is not functioning". I can not imagine what the non functioning device is?

When I open Disc 1's "Read Me" folder, all documents show up as Firefox Documents and I am unable to open any of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed other software from your optical drive recently?  Can you copy the contents of the disc to your desktop or do you receive a disc error?  You should be able to invoke the installer by navigating to the Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 folder and double clicking on setup.  It appears that you might have Autoplay disabled on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed other software from your optical drive recently? Answer: No I have not.

Can you copy the contents of the disc to your desktop or do you receive a disc error? Answer: I get a message saying "cannot read from the source file or disc"

You should be able to invoke the installer by navigating to the Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 folder and double clicking on setup.

It appears that you might have Autoplay disabled on your computer. Reply: how do I enable Autoplay? I went to the Control Panel and set Autoplay for the DVD drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Can you copy the contents of the disc to your desktop or do you receive a disc error? Answer: I get a message saying "cannot read from the source file or disc" - you can atleast try copying the disc from a different machine(if you have one) or you can download the trial version and install it. You can just enter the serial number afterwards. You might have a defective installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have another computer running Windows Vista.

Please confirm that you are suggesting I make a copy Disc 1 of Photoshop Elements then try loading from the copy disc on my computer?

Plan B, download the trial version and use the serial number from the Photoshop Elements 10 software I purchased to activate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Please confirm that you are suggesting I make a copy Disc 1 of Photoshop Elements then try loading from the copy disc on my computer?

answer:

1. use your other computer (vista)

2. insert the disc and copy it to your desktop

3. check for error messages when copying the disc.

*if it copies without any errors

4. transfer the copied file from your vista to your windows 7 machine, you can atleast make use of you USB if you have one

5. try installing again  on the windows 7 machine

note: this is to isolate the problem with the installer or disc drive, if it still fails Plan B would suffice. hope this works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, thank you for your patience and help. I tried your latest suggestion and still nothing. A damaged DVD perhaps?

Went to Plan B, downloaded the Trial Version, got a window that asked if I had a serial number, typed in the serial number of the Photoshop Elements I purchased, clicked on Continue, and 35 minutes later all was well in Mudville as my Photoshop Elements 10 worked just as advertised.

Thanks again....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sums it up. your dvd installer is damaged. Glad to hear the resolution! You are welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines