Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot install adobe Premiere elements 9 disc

Jan 09, 2012 Jan 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought adobe photoshop elments 9 & adobe Premiere elements 9 sotftware from a store.

I have windows 7 on my computer.

I have installed disc 1 (adobe photoshop elements 9).  My computer said it installed sucessfully.

I went to install disc 2 (adobe premiere elements 9) & computer said 'Adobe Premiere elements 9 is not installed on the system or has corrupted. Please install adobe premiere 9 & retry'.

I also disable my antivirus software before I installed disc 1 and when I tried to install disc 2.

How can I install disc 2 ??

yzponyhead.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just purchased Photoshop and Premiere Elements 9?  The current version of both products in 10.

I would recommend trying to copy the contents of your disc 2 to your desktop and seeing if you receive any disc errors.  This will help tell you if the disc is damaged.  If you do receive an error I would also try copying the files to a second computer to help determine if it is a failure of the optical drive or the installation media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i bought the product yesterday.

I will try what you said to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have copied files to my desktop. I have not seen any errors come up.

Does that mean the disc 2 is installed? When I open them up, it's just viewed as files/folders. Is that what it's supposed to look like?

yzponyhead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry yzponyhead I don't completely understand your post.  What are you opening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you copied the files to your desktop you can try to run the Premiere installer from your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to install Premiere elements 9 disc 2 from my desktop & again my computer is telling me adobe Premiere elments 9 is not installed on the system or has corrupted.

What else can I try to install this disc 2 ?

yzponyhead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you receive any error messages while installing the software? I would recommend running the Adobe Support Advisor to see if it detects any errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I did not receive any error messages while installing Disc 2 - only 'Premiere elements is not installed on the system or is currupted'.

I did a check using adobe air & it says that there is no issues detected.

I would like to get this retified asap so I can use this software that I have purchased.

How can I install disc 2 onto my system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You receive that error message when you launch setup.exe from disc 2?  Or are you receiving the error message when you try to open Premiere Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieve that error message when windows is installing disc 2.

Computer intializes, & prepares to install disc 2 then it says 'adobe premiere elements 9 is not installed or is currupted'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Start>Control Panels>Program & Features does it list Premiere Elements there?  If so I would recommend removing it and then try the installation again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes adobe photoshop elements 9 is showing in control panel <program & features.

I have already unistalled disc 1 & reinstalled it & still disc 2 cannot be installed on my system.

I have also tried to install it from my desktop after copying files to that.

I have tried to install it using administrator & autorun.

I still cannot install disc 2!!!!

What else can I try?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But does Premiere Elements 9 show up in Programs & Features?  I would also recommend reviewing Troubleshoot install using logs | Premiere Elements, Photoshop Elements to help identify where the failure lies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO Premiere elements 9 does not show up in Programs & features, only adobe photoshop elements 9 which is disc 1.

I am trying to install adobe premiere elements 9 which is disc 2.

Maybe there is something wrong with  disc 2!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have received a disc error when copying the install files to your desktop if there was a problem with disc 2.  You could certainly contact the store you just purchased Photoshop and Premiere Elements 9 from to see if you can get a replacement copy.  Since both products are no longer the current version we do not have replacement media available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only disc error I recieved was 'adobe premiere elements 9 is not installed on the system or is corrupted. This is disc 2 from the software pack.

Disc 1 installed sucessfully.  i can see it in my program files.  Disc 2 has not installed it is not on my computer.

I cannot get a refund from my store because I have entered the serial # & already registered the product. They cannot resell it.

The store said if I get a reference # from you saying the disc 2 is faulty, I can recieve a refund.

I await your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yzponyhead I would recommend you contact our support team.  They can help you diagnose your issue and certainly provide you with a case number if they determine the media is damaged.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop and Premiere Elements 9 must be installed from DVD 1. DVD 2 is Premiere Content only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines