Skip navigation
ksig19691
Currently Being Moderated

Sugarsync indd, psd, ai files on local drive

Dec 29, 2011 7:37 AM

Tags: #adobe_debut #sugarsync

I just purchased the debut app for my new tablet.  I have a subscription with sugarsync and I couldn't find a shortcut to their file structure.

Anyway I synced down a three different types of files from my sugarsync cloud.

1. jpg

2. psd

3. indd

A folder poped up in add section of the debut app.  The only file listed in there is the jpg.  The indesign file and photoshop file don't show at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Also it would be great if I were in sugarsync looking at all my files on my home computer that when I press on a file to open that under the what do you want to open this menu adobe debut would show.  This coulld be a very useful app If icould get it to work right.

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2012 8:01 AM   in reply to ksig19691

105 views and no response?

i paid 10 bucks for something i cant use yet.

please someone help

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2012 4:16 PM   in reply to ksig19

Hi ksig19,

I'm sorry that Debut isn't recognizing those files. One thing you might try that may be easier: did you know that you can use the Adobe Creative Cloud for free with your purchase of Debut? It is meant for uploading/downloading files exactly as you are trying to do. (I'm wondering if something is happening to the file type of your psd and indd files on sugarsync, for example)

You can upload files from your desktop/browser to Adobe Creative Cloud (sign in with your Adobe ID). Then, in Debut, when you're adding a file, tap Creative Cloud in the left menu, and navigate to the files you uploaded.

If that doesn't work for you, can you share a few more specifics on the psd and indd files that are not working for you: what version of CS were they created in, platform, and also what tablet are you using Debut on? This will help the support team to troubleshoot.

Thanks very much for posting.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 9:41 AM   in reply to Kim Isola

i wish i could use the creative cloud but i have 40 gigs and growing syncing through sugarsync.  i also dont want two syncing programs running slowing down my computer and sucking bandwidth.  i am currently running cs5.5 On a pc.  i am currently using the toshiba thrive.  i would be happy to help the support team directly if they want my email?

thank you for your response.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2012 1:27 PM   in reply to ksig19

Hi ksig19,

I wanted to ensure I understand your workflow. Are you opening Sugarsync in a browser then saving the files locally on the tablet to a Gallery accessible directory and then trying to import the psd and indd files through Gallery?

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 10, 2012 4:09 PM   in reply to David__B

I download the files through the sugarsync app. I believe the files get downloaded to a sugarsync named folder.  If the folder has a jpeg in it then the folder shows up in the gallery.  if the folder only contains adobe type files then the folder does not show up.  i have yet to have any adobe files reconizable through this app only jpegs.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2012 5:22 PM   in reply to ksig19

Hi ksig19,

I did some testing around your workflow, based on my findings I think it is only possible to use .psd and .indd files through the Creative Cloud workflow.

I uploaded test .psd and .indd files to our Creative Cloud service and was able to import them successfully and also placed these same files in the Camera folder on the device and attempted to add them through Gallery. It only displayed the jpg images.

So unfortunately, I don't think its possible currently. I'll create a feature request related to this functionality for consideration by the product team.

Sorry

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2012 7:03 AM   in reply to David__B

any update on the product team working on this?  i still haven't been able to use the app yet until this gets added.  like i said before i can't use creative cloud because i usually need the files one the fly and i dont plan for it.  thank you all for the help.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2012 1:37 PM   in reply to ksig19

Hi ksig19,

I created a feature request here:
    http://forums.adobe.com/ideas/1188

I can't really when or if the product would be updated with this feature, it might take a while. It might be worth pursuing getting a refund if the app is not something you're able to use unfortunately.

-Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2013 7:43 PM   in reply to ksig19691

hey.

Visit Now

www.DesignBoox.com

Where You Can View and Download a Lot Of Designs Full And Free And Open Source

ifeaturefree.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points