Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Color Sampling Tool - Hasn't its time now come?

Jan 12, 2012 6:06 AM

For reasons best known to Adobe, one of the most useful tools in Adobe Camera Raw, the Color Sampler Tool, was omitted from Lightroom. A mystery.........?

There are numerous uses for the Color Sampler Tool (I use it a lot in ACR in conjunction with the Graduated Filter for balancing photographs of interiors) but, as pointed out in this thread http://forums.adobe.com/message/4134487 , it would be nice to have this tool to monitor the new RGB channels in the curve - amonst many other uses.

Well?

D.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2012 6:08 AM   in reply to Dinarius

You can do it in Soft Proofing mode.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 8:32 AM   in reply to Dinarius

Just curious, are you using it to fix white balance issue with mix lightning? If so, you can use the local WB adjustment with GND now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 4:06 PM   in reply to Dinarius

perhaps i missed something in the posts.

one can sample a color by going to the adjust brush panel, click on "color" icon at bottom right of the panel. when that panel opens, click and hold on the little circle in the color area, and drag it anywhere on the screen and release. you will have "picked" that color for the adjustment brush. it is interesting to note that this does not work in ACR.

vince

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 16, 2012 1:38 AM   in reply to Dinarius

It's a good request - I can think of uses for it too.  As it may not make the final release, and we wouldn't want the request to get lost in beta land, might I suggest adding it as a suggestion on the Feature Request forum http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family where it can easily be tracked?  If you post the link to your request here, others can also vote on your request. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points