Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

LR4 Beta Feedback: Bring back manual chromatic aberration controls

Jan 12, 2012 9:49 AM

Tags: #feedback #lightroom_4 #lr4 #lightroom4 #lightroom_beta #chromatic #aberration

The first bit of feedback on the Lightroom 4 Beta I wish to share is to just give me back what I had in Lightroom 3.

The new automatic chromatic aberration removal option is not good enough. It hardly does anything. Please give us at least the option of using the manual controls that are found in Lightroom 3.

This could really be a reason I would not upgrade. Or maybe keep LR3 around for chromatic aberration removal in really bad cases.

Please, please, please bring this back into Lightroom 4.

Regards,

Steve.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2012 10:19 AM   in reply to EmpireSteve

I have yet to find an image where the new system doesn't beat the pants off any amount of twiddling with the old system.  If you have such an image, I suggest you post it so Eric can take a look.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 11:39 AM   in reply to EmpireSteve

I would post the raw image here with appropiate watermark embedded.

He monitors what goes on here.

jim

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 11:45 AM   in reply to EmpireSteve

I would send it to his yahoo account with and explanation.  If it's large, you could use yousendit or similar.  It's madmanchan2000@yahoo.com.

I suspect that it's actually axial (longitudinal) CA, since the new system is so good at getting rid of lateral (transverse) CA.  Neither the new or the old system attempts to remove the axial type.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 21, 2012 8:02 PM   in reply to EmpireSteve

I concur.  I have already run into several situations where the automatic CA control was not able to correct for CA in extreme corners.  It does a pretty good job, but we definitely need the manual correction controls back, maybe even a third one like in Photoshop>Lens Correction filter, i.e., red/cyan, green/magenta and blue/yellow for even more control.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points