• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

disable auto-rotate and center by default

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2012 Jan 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have some froms created in InDesign that are specifically for print, but we also have to offer them to the public as PDFs. We scan the forms and extract the data electronically so the fields in the PDFs need to be in the same place as the print copies so the data is extracted properly.

The paper size of the print form is different to normal size paper so I have set the page scaling default to 'none'. I also want to uncheck the 'auto-rotate and center' as a default as we are finding that this is throwing them out of alignment somewhat.

Is this possible? I haven't found a way to do this. Or, are there any other ways around this problem?

Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that you want to somehow configure the PDF so that the settings you mention are what is used when other people print the PDF?

You can set the default page scaling: File > Properties > Advanced > Print Dialog Presets > Page Scaling > None

The is no similar setting for the "Auto-Rotate and Center" setting, but you can control this if you set up a print button on the document that uses the "print" JavaScript method by setting the flags parameter of the PrintParams object, as documented here: http://livedocs.adobe.com/acrobat_sdk/9.1/Acrobat9_1_HTMLHelp/JS_API_AcroJS.88.992.html

You'd have to specify the supressCenter and supressRotate properties as demonstrated in Example 2. Then you'd have to convince the users to print using the button. If you do this, make the button "Visible but doesn't print".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George,

Did you get my email at the address you provided?

Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 10.1.2 we no longer talk about "auto-rotate and center". Page scaling for 1-up output is always registered to the center point, and the new dialog only refers to orientation.

ax112pd.gif

Ultimately of you want a page to be printed at 100% physical scale, you need to supply users with a PDF that has the correct paper size and margins wide enough to stay within their printer working zones. In that case, the setting for scale and rotate is meaningless, as "fit", "shrink" and "actual" will all equal 100%. If the paper size matches, rotating a page has no bearing on the X/Y position - it's there to handle cases where the document is portrait but the printer tray is landscape, or vice-versa. If for example you open a US Letter portrait page and "force" it to print in landscape to a printer with a portrait feed tray, it is not rotated and squished into the middle of the page - aside from coming out the machine sideways it'll look no different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2012 Jan 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately, I don't think I will be allowed to add a print button. It sounds like I may have to go back to the drawing board and change the page size in InDesign, but keeping the page elements the same size so they still behave when scanned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been wanting to scan some docs with a combination of 'cut-out & stuck-on' printed text, usually skewed, and handwritten text. Acrobat Pro9 would rotate the whole page to make the printed text level, usually to dire visual results.

Here's what I did:

File > Create PDF > From scanner > Configure presets > Optimisation - Options > Custom settings > Deskew 'Off'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines