Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Coding Question

Jan 12, 2012 4:43 PM

Tags: #cs5 #website #jquery #dreamweaver #code #business #coding

So I'm starting a business with my friend, and we started building our website. I found some really cool elements on other sites, the problem is... we can't figure out how to do these kinds of things. The only HTML/CSS/Javascript/JQuery training we've had is from w3schools.com so we don't understand a lot of things.

We'd liked the same type of navigation as found at the top of this website (naturally with different images and text).

And the same general layout of this website (with different images and colors).

We would really like to be able to accomplish these feats with nothing more advanced then JQuery, but if we must learn, then we must.

Prompt assisstance would be very much appreciated.

PS - Is this the wrong place to ask this sort of question?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2012 5:01 PM   in reply to Dark Gimper

The first page's navigation is just a JQuery slider.  I'm note sure I understand the layout question.  Dreamweaver is not a graphics editing tool, it's for web programming.  You will need Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustrator, Paint Shop Pro, etc, etc, type of a program to create graphics and then slice them up for use in Dreamweaver. 

We would really like to be able to accomplish these feats with nothing more advanced then JQuery

The fact you ask this generalization after the first two questions is disconcerting.  HTML and CSS give you the basics of web design.  Then you go to client-slide languages like Javascript and server-side languages like PHP/ASP/.NET.  If your project is not web-based there is no shame in hiring a designer to do it for you so that you can focus on the core of your bsuiness.  However, if it is, I suggest learning HTML/CSS and not worrying about JQuery.  Start with the basics and go from there.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 5:14 PM   in reply to Dark Gimper

We'd liked the same type of navigation as found at the top of this website (naturally with different images and text).

This was done with sliding doors, see here http://mac-host.com/slidingdoor/

And the same general layout of this website (with different images and colors).

For newbies, this will be a huge challenge. The site contains an abundance in JQuery. All I can say, crawl before you creep.

We would really like to be able to accomplish these feats with nothing more advanced then JQuery, but if we must learn, then we must.

You must

Prompt assisstance would be very much appreciated.

I did my best

PS - Is this the wrong place to ask this sort of question?

Actually, it is. This forum is not a school, but we are willing to help anyone with specific problems. You problem is humongous. Please have a look here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/470404

Gramps

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 10:50 PM   in reply to Dark Gimper

[url=http://www.ezdia.com/epad/tutorial-jquery-struts-2-framework/319/]Struts2 Jquery[/url]

In this there are codes of jquery and you will get to know how to make best use of it. Also provided a video for better understanding.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points