Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Interference on picture

Jan 12, 2012 10:35 AM

Whenever I play a clip (stored in MPEG) in the monitor panel (or elsewhere within Abode Premiere Elements 10) the picture shimmers and looks as if there is interference affecting it.  This happens with both silent clips and those with audio.  It is like a layer of interference on top of the picture.  This happens with every clip.  If I play the clip in Windows (eg. Photo Gallery, Windows movie maker, etc) there is no distortion whatsoever.  There is no distortion to the sound.  I cannot unfortunately capture a picture and post it of this interference because it only happens when the clip is playing.

I should be really grateful for some help in trying to resolve this.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2012 11:18 AM   in reply to josekellenberger@aol.com

Most likely a matter of your video graphics card driver being out of date, or a playback setting inside PreEl

Please post details about both

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 2:04 PM   in reply to josekellenberger@aol.com

Where are those MPEGs coming from?

And when you started your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select?

Are you saying the video shimmers when you're playing it in Premiere Elements or shimmers when you output a video from your project?

Can you post an example on YouTube and link us to it?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 4:50 PM   in reply to josekellenberger@aol.com

John T. was not talking about the video card, per se, but its driver. The video driver is very important with video-editing programs, and also with later versions of Photoshop. Simple OS updates and hot-fixes can render a video driver obsolete, and that is why nVidia and ATI/AMD issue new ones at least monthly.

Look in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager, and find your Display Adapter. Check for its make/model. Then, while there, go to the Advanced>Driver tab, and check for the number/date of your driver. Go to the mfgr's. Web site (do not trust the OS, or any utility to tell you if you have the latest version, as that will be at least 6 mos. old), plug in your model, then your OS version, and download and install the latest video driver.

On a new computer, if you have not updated your video driver, it will most likely be over 6 mos. old, i.e. six versions back.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Edit] Take a look at this ARTICLE.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points