Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Unresponsive Buttons

Jan 14, 2012 10:01 AM

HI there

I made some buttons from graphics - with a normal and click state. I have the buttons set to go to pages within the article/document. Not sure why GO TO PAGE is listed under Flash only - isn't this supported for output to iPad?

In any case I've added on click - go to page -> actions on each button and when i preview via the overlay creator, the buttons don't show the click action, nor do the links work. nothing happens.

it all seems straightforward to set up - any ideas what might be happening?

thanks!
Steve

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 14, 2012 10:39 AM   in reply to SteveLunny

You need to use "navto:"

Search for that -- lots of info.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to SteveLunny

The click state is for MSOs to highlight the selected state.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2012 11:32 AM   in reply to SteveLunny

Bob -- Please explain "highlight the selected state." I tried to use a drop shadow as per the DPS instructions as a Click state and it would not work. I read somewhere in recent docs that MSOs only support the "on Release" action now. ??? beth

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 15, 2012 3:49 PM   in reply to gnusart

Keep in mind that the DPS tools are added on to InDesign CS5/CS5.5. The interactivity options you see work for PDF and SWF, but it's not immediately clear which options work with DPS. You should look at the help articles to see what's supported. The "DPS Tips" app (free in the App Store and Android Market) gives a good overview. In fact, there is a slideshow article that shows what the "highlight the selected state" effect does.

When you're creating buttons, only "On Release" is supported in DPS for the "Event" pop-up menu. "On Click" and the other options aren't supported.

In the Appearance section, "Normal" and "Click" are supported. "Rollover" has no effect in a mobile device. When the buttons go to states of a slideshow, the "Click" option is displayed whenever that state is selected.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points