Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Any new features in Slideshow?

Jan 10, 2012 11:31 PM

Can't load 4Beta yet. Watched all the videos. But are there any updates to SLIDESHOW module?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 11, 2012 12:43 AM   in reply to Picturequest

None as yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2012 2:44 AM   in reply to Seán McCormack

What a pity - not even KenBurns? I am using SlideShow at the end of a wedding party. But without KenBurns it is a bit boaring ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 10:44 AM   in reply to Picturequest

I'm also a little disappointed to see that there are no changes in the slideshow module. The bad situation is that there are few other software products for slide shows availabe on a Mac. iPhoto or iMovie require to have your photos in iPhoto (more disk space, no synch availabe, etc.). But back to Lightroom: for a photo amateur like me, the following features would make a great deal:

• different transitions, incl. Ken Burns
    • individual time settings
    • individual text layers
    • more than one music track selectable

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to Picturequest

And Lightroom, which is sluggish at best on some computers, just keeps getting slower and slower.  Keep demanding or requesting this stuff, and we'll all have to buy high end computers to even be able to run it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 10:56 AM   in reply to JimHess

I wonder why others manage to provides fast slideshows with KenBurns (iPhoto). OTH if you create slideshows from RAW, then it requests lots of resources.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 11:01 AM   in reply to Picturequest

Agreed, the Slideshow Module is a disapointment by comparrison to some other options ... in my mind it is the only feature that Aperture 3 eats LR's lunch (allows the inclusion of video clips, multiple audio tracks and timeline adjustmeents and plenty of creative transitions) ... nearly makes the $80 pricetag worth the puchase for this feature alone ... I had hoped to see some movement/improvement in this area by now ... as many of my portrait/wedding and even action sports clients are very interested and receptive to purchasing creative slideshows ... it would be very satisfying to be able to create one from within the friendly confines of the LR UI ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2012 11:04 AM   in reply to JimHess

JimHess wrote:

And Lightroom, which is sluggish at best on some computers, just keeps getting slower and slower.  Keep demanding or requesting this stuff, and we'll all have to buy high end computers to even be able to run it.

Then how is Aperture able to do this efficiently? If you only wish to process RAW still images, just turn off the Modules you don't care for ... they don't use any resources if you don't visit them and utilize the features.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2012 12:24 AM   in reply to Picturequest

I'd like to see transition effects like Ken Burns and others.  Also the ability to add more that one song.  I hope they are holding back a few features.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2012 12:35 AM   in reply to Butch_M

Butch_M wrote:

Aperture 3 eats LR's lunch (allows the inclusion of video clips, multiple audio tracks and timeline adjustmeents and plenty of creative transitions) ... nearly makes the $80 pricetag worth the puchase for this feature alone

That's all I use Aperture for.

I think it's well-understood that Slideshow is due a bit of love.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2012 1:29 PM   in reply to Picturequest

There are a few things on my personal wish list to aid with slideshow presentations.....

• Burns effect
    • Ability to add video clips to a slideshow
    • To play the book module as a slideshow
    • Increase identity plate flexibilty. e.g. ability to word wrap, add multiple indentity plate overlays to an image, ability to add title identity plates 'within' a slideshow like the Intro and Ending titles.

Or am I just asking to much of what is already a great upgrade

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2012 1:40 PM   in reply to GJKeeneye

To play a Book as Slideshow is actually a smart idea !

If you have spent time to produce something that looks great page per page in print, the same is true in a slideshow, where also each slide(=page) must be able to stand interesting for its own. I'd agree the design principles are the same.

Then, of course, it is all the more vital, that duration can be set individually per page, to allow more time for more complex pages.

Your word/layout wishes should be covered, once the book module will have custom layout capability and be reusable to play as slideshow.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2012 1:46 PM   in reply to Cornelia-I

Lets hope the power that be can add a 'Book as slide function'..... It will go some way to update the Slideshow module....

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2012 1:51 PM   in reply to GJKeeneye

GJKeeneye wrote:

Lets hope the power that be can add a 'Book as slide function'..... It will go some way to update the Slideshow module....

Another valid reason that the Book Module should have the capability to export pages as a jpeg ....

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2012 1:53 PM   in reply to john beardsworth

johnbeardy wrote:

That's all I use Aperture for.

I think it's well-understood that Slideshow is due a bit of love.

And the only reason I purchased Aperture 3 ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2012 11:04 PM   in reply to Butch_M

It will be nice and about time to allow for multiple audio files insteads of just ONE audio file in the slideshow.........extra work to edit/create a music file if you want a longer duration for your slideshow.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2012 8:19 AM   in reply to slau104

Yes, that's a reason to take another programm. I think lightroom 1 and 2 did it, is there anybody who can explain this?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2012 8:42 AM   in reply to MartinJ1922

Try Google, Martin. The reasons for this were made when Lightroom 3 was announced, over  18 months ago.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points