Skip navigation
leftfield16
Currently Being Moderated

encore cs3 crashes

Jan 14, 2012 3:53 PM

Hi.

I am having issues with adobe encore cs3 crashing. I have created a dvd with no issues. I had recently started another project that had 3 videos and a bunch of slideshows. It seems that anytime i do anything, the program crashes. I do have a lot of photos in this project. While I was working on the project, any importing as an asset, or previewing gave me no issues at all. I have un-installed and re-installed the software, including various susgestions in forums, such as; disabling services.

I am desperate for any help anyone can give me.

thank you for any help!

images provided below::system info.JPGencore error.JPGencore error 2.JPG

thank you again

jeff

leftfield16@gmail.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 14, 2012 7:09 PM   in reply to leftfield16

I assume from your description that you cannot create a new Encore project, but you don't say that. Can you?

If so, then treat this as a corrupted project.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/402/kb402296.html

If not, see #11 and #12 in that link.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2012 7:16 PM   in reply to leftfield16

One way to check whether it is the software installation, etc, is to create a new one (without any of the current project assets etc), and see if you can build a simple project.

Reinstalling may leave the preferences intact; see #11 in the above link.

Does Premiere open okay; can you make a project there? Sometimes you have to reinstall more than Encore.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2012 7:45 PM   in reply to leftfield16

Did you use the clean script for uninstalling?

Can you open Encore? Can you create a new project?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2012 9:16 AM   in reply to leftfield16

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2012 5:32 AM   in reply to leftfield16

The is the current version for CS3.

Repeat the same steps exactly (no slide show  yet), and report the step it crashes on. For example, if you create a new project, add a library menu, and preview, does it crash? Add a motion menu and render menu, then preview. Add a short video asset as timeline. Preview. Transcode. Build.

If it works up to that point, add 4 images and make a slide show. Build.

When you get an error, start a new project and repeat the same steps to see if the error is consistent.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2012 2:22 PM   in reply to leftfield16

So, in your tests, you could do a 4 image slideshow, including building to a folder or disk? Or did that fail?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 28, 2012 2:36 PM   in reply to leftfield16

This might have been asked and answered above, but I did not see it. If so, I apologize. What are the pixel x pixel dimensions of your Still Images in your SlideShows?

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2012 8:38 AM   in reply to leftfield16

Go back to message #7 and click the links I posted about problems with pictures that are too large

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2012 9:35 AM   in reply to leftfield16

I agree with John T., on Scaling the Still Image for Video in Photoshop, or similar. Encore is ill-suited for Still Image editing, and that is basically what you are asking of it, when you Import overly-large Still Images. There is zero to be gained with overly-large Stills, and much to be lost, such as quality, and tons of processing resources. Even PrPro CS 5.5, that has some great Scaling algorithms with MPE and a CUDA-capable card, can easily run out of resources, bringing the computer to its knees. Encore is not nearly as capable of Scaling, as is PrPro CS 5.5, and not nearly so good as Photoshop.

John T's first link in Reply 7 will even give you tips on automating the Scaling in Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2012 9:58 AM   in reply to leftfield16

Consider this...

When you open a photo in Photoshop that is ONE static photo

When you have a photo on yoru timeline, that is MANY photos, which requires much greater resources

If you carry one brick you may do so with just your hand... try to carry 100 bricks and you need a wheelbarrow

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 29, 2012 4:25 PM   in reply to leftfield16

As I often have mega SlideShows, with maybe 3000+ Still Images, I Scale my Images to exactly what I need. With a great quantity of Stills, an extra handful of pixels can be compounded and can tax resources.

When I need more pixels in my Still, than the Frame Size of the Project, say for a long Pan, I will Scale to what I need, maybe 3000 pixels, but will then Crop the vertical to exactly the Frame Size, say 480. I do not want extra pixels, having to be processed.

On a normal SlideShow Project, I will usually Scale the majority of Stills to exactly what the Project's Frame Size is. If I do need more pixels, in either direction (horizontal for a Pan, or vertical for a Tilt), then I calculate exactly what I need, and Scale (often Cropping the other dimension) to that. I usually end up with one folder with the majority of Still Images Scaled to exactly what I need, maybe two others, where I needed more pixels, but the amount is different. Never had a Project that required more than three Scaled dimensions, though it certainly could happen.

With the advent of PrPro CS5 (now CS 5.5), some things have changed a bit, if one has the proper hardware, in that the Scaling algorithms have been improved (expect to see those trickle down to PS by CS 6), but there is still the resource issue.

I'm about to embark on another mega SlideShow, probably topping out at about 2500 Images. As soon as I get the specs. for the display, I will then begin my Scaling. Right now, I feel that the majority will be exactly to the Frame Size, with but a few needing more pixels, but in one dimension only. I have my PS Actions Saved, but might need to tweak one, or two, depending on what the AV department tells me.

John T's analogy is a good one, and when he's not looking, I might "steal" if from him.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points