Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Large image crashes while zooming in Iphone

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am developing an Adobe Mobile application for Iphone and Android.

I have an image of 4000x4000 size. The image is in fxg format. If I assign this as a source for an image control, it loads correctly in Android. But it crashes in Iphone.

I tried to load the image in a button control. In that case, it loads correctly in Android as well as in Iphone. There is no issue.

But when I try to zoom the same image using TransformAround, it zooms in Android, no crash. But in Iphone, if I try to zoom the image, it crashes.

What I have is a map image which is of large size. I cannot reduce the image size but at the same time, it should work well in both Iphone and Android.

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a fxg - isn't it a vector image? Or is it a bitmap embedded in an fxg?

If it is a bitmap you should split it into smaller ones and use another format like png or jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a 4000x4000 png scale on an iPod 3G (just using scaleX / scaleY properties).

However, I found it refuses to render if scaled by more than x2.

Hope that's useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2012 Jan 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply.

The fxg is made up of combining so many small png images and converted as optimized vector graphics.

I converted the optimized vector graphics back to PNG file.

I am not scaling more than x2.

If it is a png file, it loads the image in an image control. Sometimes loading the image also crashes.

But when I try to zoom, sometimes it zooms without any crash. sometimes it crashes. I restarted the device, killed all other apps and checked.

Still there is no consistency like when it works or when it crashes.

Is there any problem with memory or anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines